Glocks and Sigs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll check. But SIG CS hasn't been able to deliver. Also, one key is the latest version grip will not fit the P250. But SIG didn't change the part number so it still may be there. Big fail in SIG on all of this.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't gone into their rifles yet... Which ones do you have
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the 556 and 556R rifles. I managed to get a good deal on a 516 7.5 piston upper for my SBR. Sig has since discontinued the 556 and 556R. They moved on to the 556xi models which if they haven't, I think they will drop soon.

The current attention is toward the MCX and MPX line. They are pushing advertising on those pretty hard.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really like Sigs. I have shot and owned a lot of them. The hands-down best was a Sig X6 PPC. Far better than any other gun I've shot. Every time I took it to the range it would shock me at how well I could shoot it. Right now I have a Sig 226 (E2), 226 X5, 320 and MPX SBR. I've owned a handful of Glock's and sold them all. I just can't get used to the trigger and grip angle....and I don't shoot them as well as the Sig's.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the Sigs, but what I don't like is the proprietary parts. You can't just get online or go to the gunshow and find parts like you can with a Glock or AR. Sig wants you to buy only from them and pay their prices. In the stereotypical SHTF situation, that's not a good thing. I like to have some extra parts. With Glocks and AR's I can pretty much get any part I need and fix almost anything by myself.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
None have failed "yet", but I've only run about 500 rounds through each so far. I called Sig and asked about buying extra parts and they said that they no longer support the 556 or 556R. So, I'm screwed if something does break.

I was looking into getting a P556 and doing a Form-1 for another SBR, but with the scarcity and elevated price they bring now I don't see that happening.

DavidWOwens

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody have a solid holster suggestion for my Legion P226? Haven't found anything that fits it right... I could order one off the Sig Legion site... But looking for other suggestions. I have another p226r and it seems to fit my Safariland holster differently than the Legion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk