Gold/Silver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Will the discovery of the 200 tons of silver on the bottom of the ocean affect the pricing? If not now, later when its recovered?

Aquaman is a hoarder. He's even confessed numerous times to the point that he's stolen silver from hard working people to put in his stash. The guy really could use an intervention.

With that said, silver is undervalued and the dollar is overvalued (still). This would be a good buying opportunity. However premiums will still cause you pay a good deal more. That should say something in and of itself.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will the discovery of the 200 tons of silver on the bottom of the ocean affect the pricing? If not now, later when its recovered?

No. The value of the silver that was found is much greater than it's spot price value. Ag stackers would love to get ther hands on it but the real value will be in it's collectors value because of it's history.

As for silver, everything I read and study it seems that Ag may still have a ways to fall. Many believe it will go to the mid to low 20's before any sort of steady upward movement happens. If you want some real good info on PM's go over to Kitco Forums and read, read and read some more. Lots of god info there.

All this being said now is still a good time to buy physical. IMO, it's all about DCA. Buy ing on the way up or down is a great way to purchase PM's as very few people can regularly/skillfully buy on the dips only. If you are a long term stacker then now is a good time to get in.

tschwarz

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Time to buy is now. The price drop wasn't due to PM's losing value, rather it was the dollar gaining value. That alone sounds silly, but you have to consider the Greece / Euro situation that is hitting the fan right now. The dollar gained value due to investors fleeing European bonds.

I also think there is some manipulation courtesy of China involved. It's in their interest to artificially inflate the value of the dollar (and therefore deflate gold / silver) so that they can dump our bonds at a more favorable price.

Just my two cents.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what I hear is that Hugo Chaves had invested Gold with Chase bank. Chase bank or any modern bank will lend out more than what they actually have on hand (gold, money). So Hugo wanted physical possession of his Gold and so Chase had to go on the market and purchase a large sum of Gold that they didnt have. As a result the Gold price spiked.

Latest posts

Top Bottom