Good scrap yard in OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick7340

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cleaned out my shed and my garage and I have saved the metal scrap to cash in and recycle. Does anyone know of a good scrap yard on the south side OKC area? I've never done it before but I always see people looking for metal in my neighborhood during big junk pick up week.

I'm not sure if they make you take everything apart or how it all works.

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You just roll into the scrap place, they will look at your stuff to check for hazmat. Other than that they will weigh your truck, you go dump it into the pile they tell you to and go back to reweigh. Most places will want your ID and will pay you in cash.

In short it's easy. And scrap prices are up right now.

I go to Alpha here in Norman. There is a place off 59th street at I-35 called metal check. There are a couple places on East Reno, One that a buddy of mine likes I think is called Standard metal.

Let us know how things go and where you went.

Farmall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use metal check also.

If you have copper, aluminum, or brass you need to seperate to get the most $'s. If it's tin and iron pile it up and take it over the scales. Be careful though. When they count that cash money out to you'll be searching the curbs also. I've bought guns with my scrap metal money. It's hard for the wife to say much when it was "free" money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom