GOP 2012 Presidency

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who would you like to see run against Obama?

• Sarah Palin

Votes: 27 14.0%
  • Bobby Jindal

Votes: 35 18.1%
  • Newt Gingrich

Votes: 33 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 98 50.8%

• Total voters

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
....the two pseudoparties?

This is correct.

They campain on different platforms, and vote to keep themselves in office after being elected.

This is also correct.

It's all about keeping themselves in their jobs. The federal government in general has become the preferred job market for the highest wages and benefits.

From Here

"Federal employees earn higher average salaries than private-sector workers in more than eight out of 10 occupations...."

"The typical federal worker is paid 20% more than a private-sector worker in the same occupation."

"These salary figures do not include the value of health, pension and other benefits, which averaged $40,785 per federal employee in 2008 vs. $9,882 per private worker, according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis." That's $40,785 per employee per year in just benefits, 400% more than the private sector!

And:

"The federal government spent about $224 billion in 2008 on compensation for about 2 million civilian employees."

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You mean join one of the two pseudoparties? If you can't see how the D's and the R's are intertwined, you're blind.

While I can't possibly defend the two parties at least they are ....parties. The Libertarians are a feel cool association.
The hard core Libs are pushing an agenda that the majority of the American people cannot accept, which denies them representation in both the local and federal levels.
I know that many feel that it is nice to start at the top with the Presidency as a goal; I don't think it is realistic unless circumstances completely out of the norm reshape the political landscape. Right now at a time of such low government approval rates, they are not even noticed. Really, something needs to be changed if they want to be part of our political life.
You can't say that you have a party if after many elections you can't get people elected. At that point, you either change the political agenda or become an association.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The only one on your list that has a chance to win the election is Jindal. Any one of the 3 could win the GOP primary, but Jindal is the only one who would have a chance face to face with the sitting president. I think there are others in the GOP who have as good or better chances than any of the 3 you listed.
I agree with this. but in my opinion, which is worth exactly nothing, I like Palin, and in fact, she was the only reason my wife and I voted at all in 08. However she has been marginalized and villified by the liberal media till any credibility she had is gone. But not to worry, the same thing will happen to any other truly conservative GOP canadate given a little time. The GOP will probably wind up with another John McCain or Bob Dole, some one that Obama can beat. I firmly believe that the media slants their stories to pick their GOP canadate in the primarys before turning on them in the general election. Think the above mentioned canadates and both Bushs. This way if they lose they still win, just not as big. Finally, the GOP and Democrats are taking us the same place, only difference is rate of travel!

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
flat amazing how weak slate of GOP presidential candidates!!!
especially at this stage when a few strong front runners usually has already emerged.

Palin ... what a joke... probably the only candidate Obama can easily beat. :coffee2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom