Government Forcing Gas Prices Up So We Go Green?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NoNuts doesn't have a clue on ANY issue, except in a political spectrum.

You are right, he was useless in the Senate, as a college student his grades had to be so low, that he refuses to release them. We knew nothing about this person that was forced down our throat by the MSM.

Surely you remember the episode of Rush you heard it on before rushing to repeat it here.

I rarely listen to Rush, he got rich and forgot his roots. He is too pro rich. He has no problem if one employee of a corporation makes tens of millions (the CEO), he has a big problem when a lower grade worker would like to better himself. He has no problem when the rich strike deals but gets upset when the middle class try to strike a better deal.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no idea which program or excuse the government used to transfer MY tax dollars to ADM (Supermarket to the world), but I do know that they got billions.
Perhaps, you can find a good reason why I have to pay for all those alphabet soup programs you mentioned, I cannot.

I know you don't and that is my point. All of those programs I mentioned are to help producers endure crop failures and stay in business. It's easy to say that the USDA just helps large corporations but the reality is the 70% of their budget goes to food stamps. It's not as black and white as you would like to make it.

It raised the prices of all food stuff including meat. There were many reports written on the subject. Ethanol is nothing but transfer of wealth from some people to others.
You see we are not talking about tax breaks, we are talking of billions in cash taken from me and given to some arrogant farmer who would not even allow a fellow tax payer to hunt on his land, subsidized by the taxpayers.

The prices of food have more to do with inflation than about anything else. I would invite you to look up the price of wheat in the mid to late 70s. You would find prices around $6 per bushel. As little as one year ago, the price was as low as $3.08 a bushel. How much to you think diesel cost in 1975? Or fertilizer? Or how about the land? What do you think all of that costs now?

I'll bet we can agree on one thing, disband the USDA. They have a vested interest in keeping food cheap and that is what they do through market manipulation. I'll give up my govt. payment in a heartbeat if the USDA quits manipulating the market.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The CBO analyzed the increase in food costs for some government food programs and found that increased ethanol output made for an increase of .1% in the cost of corn while the ethanol production went up over 40%. The increased demand for meat, and other factors had a significantly bigger impact on the cost of corn during their analysis than the production of ethanol did.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pandering, nothing more. ....

Well of course, he's been behind all speculative trading. :rolleyes2 Why not put up a front? I mean, he can just wave his magic wand and POOOOF..... nuclear power plant. Oh and FWIW, many oil companies have decided to pull out of the gulf or cut back due to the logistics compared to drilling elsewhere. Has nothing to do with Obama.... however....that's not what the GOP tells you, so I guess it's not true eh?

You make the positive assertion, you back it up.

I think that's asking a LOT around here. :D

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SMS, look what popped up on my Yahoofinance page...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/US-clears-more-deepwater-oil-apf-1644611204.html?x=0

.US clears more deepwater oil drilling in Gulf

US allows BHP Billiton to resume deepwater drilling in Gulf of Mexico; 2nd permit in 2 weeks

On Saturday March 12, 2011, 1:09 pm EST
NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- The U.S. government is allowing deepwater drilling to resume on another Gulf of Mexico well as the region recovers from BP's devastating oil spill.

BHP Billiton PLC said Saturday that the permit will allow it to get back to work in its Shenzi field, located about 120 miles off Louisiana's coast. The well, about 4,300 feet below the surface, began production in March 2009, but drilling stopped last year amid the backlash to an April 2010 blowout of a BP PLC well in the Gulf of Mexico. The explosion resulted in the worst offshore oil spill in U.S. history, raising questions about the safety of deepwater drilling.

This is the second deepwater permit that the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation and Enforcement has issued in the Gulf within the past two weeks. Noble Energy Inc. had already received clearance to resume drilling on a well about 70 miles southeast of Venice, La.

They're the first permits to be granted in the Gulf since the agency imposed a moratorium on exploration in waters deeper than 500 feet last June. The moratorium was lifted in October, but deepwater drilling couldn't resume without government clearance.

Oil industry executives and some U.S. lawmakers had already been pressing regulators to issue new permits before a recent spike in oil prices magnified the pressure. The first new permit came the week after oil prices surpassed $100 per barrel and gasoline prices soared to their highest level in two and a half years.

Last edited:

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has nothing to do with Obama.... however....that's not what the GOP tells you, so I guess it's not true eh?

I think that's asking a LOT around here. :D

"Oil industry executives and some U.S. lawmakers had already been pressing regulators to issue new permits before a recent spike in oil prices magnified the pressure. The first new permit came the week after oil prices surpassed $100 per barrel and gasoline prices soared to their highest level in two and a half years."
Oops, your own post says otherwise.
Even US judges were filing against Obama, he just couldn't stop it anymore, he tried.
http://247wallst.com/2011/02/18/federal-judge-orders-action-on-drilling-permits-in-us-gulf-of-mexico-bp-esv-cvx-cop-xom-rds-a-hlx/
The oil companies want to drill, Obama was stopping them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom