GP 100's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I though the GP100 was a big clunky turd so I didnt mind putting min in the bead blaster. I thought it made it look quite a bit better

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once you get past the bulkiness they are very good revolvers.

I've owned a 4" and a 3" GP100. The 3" was just okay; it never really resonated with me the way Ruger's 5-shot SP101 does.

However, the 4" GP was a lights-out shooter. It developed a butter-smooth DA trigger with use. I could do near one-hole groups at 15 yards offhand DA with that revolver shooting 158 gr .38 Specials.

Because I don't reload, the GP100 became too expensive to shoot, plus it was too big and heavy to carry. So I sold it. Still, an excellent gun.

If you reload -- especially if you like pounding away with full-power .357 Magnums -- the GP100 is a gun to get.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
If we could get them for $250 I'd be all over it for a few! lol Unfortunately, no way that'll happen these days. I have been keeping my eyes open for a 2" or 4" .357 or .44 mag from a reputable company for a while now and am just astonished at the prices I am seeing. I just want something for a truck gun... not a bank vault or a BBQ rig.

okeydoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
in the same length gun, with a ramped barrel and .45 super brass, the .45 auto will do anything the 357 can do, do it better, too. Be faster for repeat hits than the 357, , easier to master, more concealable, hold more ammo, and have a .22 conversion unit. Can be built from an 80% frame, so nobody knows that you have it, too.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
in the same length gun, with a ramped barrel and .45 super brass, the .45 auto will do anything the 357 can do, do it better, too. Be faster for repeat hits than the 357, , easier to master, more concealable, hold more ammo, and have a .22 conversion unit. Can be built from an 80% frame, so nobody knows that you have it, too.

LOL!!!!

As for the rest of the post, if you're trying to replicate (ish) .357 Mag performance but get the benefits of an auto, get a .357 Sig in a polymer framed double stack gun. No worries about ramping barrels and "super" brass. Besides, can you imagine trying to find "super" brass after TSHTF?

Latest posts

Top Bottom