GP 100's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure seeing a lot of these for sale lately. Every time I see one posted it makes me think of that group buy OSA did a handful of years back for somewhere around $250 each. Are people ditching these things now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 4" and a 6" Ruger GP-100 and they will probably go to the grave with me. I would buy a couple more for $250 each and never look back! I looked at a 2" GP-100 at Gander Mountain a couple of weeks ago, and it was $699 + tax!

These guns are east to tune and VERY ACCURATE! Single action pull on both of my guns are exactly 2 1/2 lbs. and double action pull is 7 lbs.. If I could find another 6" model, I would tune it, drill/tap for a scope base and put a pistol scope on it for targets and hunting. Most of these revolvers will keep 6 shots in a 3" group at 100 yds. and make for a very portable coyote hunting rig...

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sure seeing a lot of these for sale lately. Every time I see one posted it makes me think of that group buy OSA did a handful of years back for somewhere around $250 each. Are people ditching these things now?

Here is a picture from one of the batches that came in for the Tulsa group buy. I remember when they came in. The seller put them loosely packed in news paper and there was a barrel poking out of the box.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That group buy was shortly after I joined in 2009, IIRC. I thought about getting in on it but I really wanted a 6" GP100. Kinda wish I would have gone ahead and picked up at least one of these. I have super clean blue 6" half lug that's pretty awesome.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
That group buy was shortly after I joined in 2009, IIRC. I thought about getting in on it but I really wanted a 6" GP100. Kinda wish I would have gone ahead and picked up at least one of these. I have super clean blue 6" half lug that's pretty awesome.

That's what I want! Wish they didn't discontinue the half-lug guns.

I got one of the 4" group buy guns, and foolishly sold it later. Oh well, I needed the money at the time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom