Greatest Sooner Football Games

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any one of them that is not:

On my TV
Constatly talked about at work
Constatly talked about on the Radio
Constantly used as subject matter for facebook updates

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2000 Orange Bowl - OU vs Florida State
25,000 of us OU fans drowned out the 50,000 FSU fans. The cheering started 30 min before the game started.
Saw Jimmy Johnson standing in the middle of the field get booed by 25,000 OU fans, he made an a$$ of himself by yelling "Go 'Canes", he then had all 75,000 people booing him.
Oh, and the fact that OU was the underdog and knocked the snot out of FSU.
:ou1

+1 This was definately a great game!

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Red October 2000! That run of beating 3 top 10 teams, TexASS, K-State and Nebraska is the single biggest 3 game stretch in OU football history. There are so many things that add to the importance...OU coming off the dark times of Blake...losing to Notre Dame and the bowl game the previous year...not ranked in pre-season top 25...

I was in Atlanta the week after the Nebraska game. Several people were talking and said that they knew everything was right in the world when they saw OU and Nebraska ranked #1 & #2.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are many but for me it has to be

1977 Ohio State when Uwe von Schamann kicked game winning field goal at the end of the game AT Ohio State stadium.

This one is special to me as I was overseas in Germany and this game was shown live on Armed Forces TV. First NCAA football game shown live if memory serves.... Up until then we got to watch games ONE WEEK later.

I gave Uwe a dip of snuff and bs'd with him a while at a tailgate party last year...pretty nice guy

I didnt know it is actually pronounced OO-VAY

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh yeah, my favorites are all of them, but the one that I prefer the most is the 2009 Bedlam game, and by game I mean shutout, and by shutout I mean severe butt whoopin!!!

I swear Mike Gundy and his calling the offenses plays(all 8 or so that he knows) has been OU's best player every year, this year should be interesting since I guess he is going to step away from the play calling a little bit...

Latest posts

Top Bottom