Green Country Safe Shooters???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Electrician Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, that sux. I really like that range, nice and close to me plus had the longer range capabilitys. Hope they get it worked out.
Anywhere else around have a 100 yard rifle range?

P

point and laugh

It is a temporary injunction. However the outlook for reopening is not good. The residents complained about the noise, which did NOT exceed the legal restrictions. So they claimed that their houses were getting hit by bullets. Anyone who has ever been there and seen the range knows that's a crock of bull. There is no way any lead ever left the range property. They all banded together and got a high dollar lawyer and got a liberal, anti-gun female judge to try the case. I was at the trial. It was a joke, kangaroo court. The judge made statements like "I wouldn't want a gun range anywhere near my house" and "I am not a member of the NRA and I don't recognize them as an authority on anything" The range was not allowed to use the sattelite maps and pics to show as evidence. They were not allowed to show the NRA guide lines and how they far exceeded them. They had maps and pics showing elevations etc. to show that no lead could have hit the houses, but they were not allowed as defense. However the lying home owners didn't have any evidence. They just said lead was hitting their houses, which may be true, but it didn't come from the range.
Then there was a zoning issue. Part of the TDSA range (class rooms), which is leased from Green Country, sits 70 feet off of the area zoned commercial.
In order to reopen they have to get the zoning changed, which the neighbors will protest. Then the lawyer said if they can do that and come up with $25,000 he says we have a 50/50 chance of reopening. With Byron (the owner) being retired, and considering his health (bum ticker) I don't really see them reopening.
It's really a sad deal. It was a great place and Byron is a very nice guy. Now his retirement income is gone and the best family friendly range ever is lost.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really hate to hear this. Byron is a A+ guy. Them neighbors are lucky I don't live next to them I shoot a lot in my yard. Lucky for me my neighbors are pro gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom