Grendel at the range today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd say that's looking pretty good! I would play with charge weight a little more, up and down, and see what I got. Do you have a chrono? I certainly wouldn't give up on Varget without some more experimentation and, preferably, some chrono'd velocities. I don't have a chrono myself. I have got to fix that one of these days!

I do have one but i broke it a few weeks ago. I was using a friends today and it wasnt picking up very well at all. I have to get another one. I think im loosing 100fps using Varget over some others. Im going to reshoot my good groups but with 5 shots and if they hold together ill stick with varget and tinker with another powder later. The fps is written next to the groups.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What bullet are you using?

My Grendel loves the factory 123g Hornady A-max. I haven’t loaded anything for it or tried the 123g ELD rounds yet but hope to soon.

I painted mine as well. Went with a camo look.

0FD28D85-CCDE-49FE-8802-E64DB3FE11F3.jpeg

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im using the 123 ELDM right now. I wanted to shoot SSTs but they are hard to come by so I went with this bullet. I shot a few 120 ELDM out of it but I have heard that the 123 are bonded. Its going to be a hunting rifle so thats where Im at right now. I would have tried the AMax but those are about to be no more. Mine wouldnt run on AR Comp. Sure did have nice SDs though.
Nice looking AR. What can is that?

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im using the 123 ELDM right now. I wanted to shoot SSTs but they are hard to come by so I went with this bullet. I shot a few 120 ELDM out of it but I have heard that the 123 are bonded. Its going to be a hunting rifle so thats where Im at right now. I would have tried the AMax but those are about to be no more. Mine wouldnt run on AR Comp. Sure did have nice SDs though.
Nice looking AR. What can is that?

Thanks. The can is a self built Form 1 from SD Tactical.

Latest posts

Top Bottom