Grocery tax cut takes effect today - what items effected/not effected

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to go into the whole conspiracy theory realm of life, but it seems kind of odd that gas prices in my area jumped 30 cents overnight on the same day this went into effect.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If someone wants to avoid some taxes, I have a solution.

Move to Vancouver, WA because they don't have a personal or corporate income tax. Then, to top it off, slip across the border into Oregon for your shopping, because Oregon doesn't have a state sales tax.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lived in Texas about a dozen years- no income tax- no tax on Rx and a lot of stuff. But a run of the mill, $100,000 home in the 1990's had a property tax of about $4500 per year. They are going to tax somewhere to provide services. And with all the extra they now spend on boarder security, I'm sure there's a tax for that. Politicians just do stuff to make you feel good and love them.

Lived in Texas for 47 years. Property taxes more than made up for lack of income tax.

They are going to get it somewhere, regardless. I would much rather see that $1M+ house getting taxed than a loaf of bread and jar of peanut butter.
On the other hand, a rotisserie chicken is taxed, but HOT Pockets not?

This "elimination" of grocery tax is a feel good, election year scheme, no tax goes away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom