Guess what I just did!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just found one of my Holy Grail guns and put it in lay-a-way! :woohoo1:

I was in my local toy store yesterday, and there in his display case was a Smith & Wesson K frame model 13-3 with a 3 inch snout!
w000t.gif
I've wanted one of these for long, LONG time!

There's a story as to "why" I love the 3 inch model 13 so much. I'm sure some of you have heard it before :zzz: but I'm gonna tell it again! :blahblah:

Let me take ya back to the day of our Lord...1989.

I had taken an oath as a police officer for the city of Holdenville. The chief swore me in that morning and said, "report back here tonight at 1900 hours." I was issued two USED uniform shirts and two ratty pair of trousers and a tin shield. I had no duty rig, no cuffs, no weapon - nuthin'! I called up my "Uncle Gerb" (his real name was Gerald - R.I.P.) who was a reserve deputy, but he didn't go out on calls anymore - just worked in the county jail. I told him about my new job and my predicament, and he said, "come see me."

I drove out to his place and he loaned me his BEAUTIFUL Smith & Wesson 3 inch model 13, a black leather Tom Threepersons holster, a box of .357 magnum ammo, an 8 inch leather, leaded sap and a pair of Smith & Wesson model 90 handcuffs in a black leather pouch.

He offered to sell me EVERYTHING for $250, and like a dumbass, I turned him down.
buttkick.gif

I've lived with that regret for damn near 20 years now.
grumble.gif

Fast forward to yesterday...

This blue steel beauty isn't in IMMACULATE condition by any means, but I would rate it at about 90-95% (+/-). Lockup is good and tight and the timing is perfect! A little saddle wear here and there, but it's gonna be a shooter anyway.

The price? $350 plus tax.
ooh2.gif

I discussed it with Mrs GED. I know, I know...forgiveness is easier than permission, but I don't know how I would have explained 350 bucks plus tax to her. THIS would have been the result.

:chop:

Anyway...

I just called the shop and told him that I'll come put it in lay-a-way on payday next Tueday 08/31 if nobody has bought it by then.

He said, "no rush...I'll just put it back for ya, and you can come by next week and get it and pay it out."

Wow! That's what I love about small town America! I call him, tell him I want it, can't have him any money for a week, he takes care of me like that! This guy and I have known each other for over 20 years. It's people like him that helps keep my money in my hometown. :D

This is why I'll never move to a big city. You can't get this kind of service anywhere but home.

Anyway...I promised Mrs GED that this one will be an Anniversary gift and NEVER be sold, just like my Mossberg 590. She bought it for me about 7 or 8 years ago as an Anniversary gift too. I believe it was our 15th Anniversary...I'm not sure. :scratch:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congratulations, and a great story! You should write a book of anecdotes ;)

BUT, and I hate to have to point this out...

[Broken External Image]

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sweet. I remember reading an earlier post that you had written about that same gun. Congratulations on finding one of your "holy grail" guns. I have one that I need to find, my granddad's single shot .22 stolen from my dad's house almost 20 years ago. You have given me renewed hope!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nikat will be jealous! :) Glad you got one of your dream guns! That's awesome.

Actually, I PMd him yesterday and asked if he wanted it. He said he couldn't because of the GP100 he just got.

I kinda (but not completely) forgot about it after that.

Then I got off work, came home and went to bed.

THAT'S when the wheels in my head started turning...you know how they always do. :idea: I slept about like a kid on Christmas eve night! :hyper:

I WANTED THIS REVOLVER! :hypnotize:

Mrs GED is the only thing standing in my way! :lookaroun

I figured I'd tell this story to her and "sway" her into letting me buy it.

Well...she was "less than impressed" with my story, to say the least, but she did compromise and tell me I could put it in lay-away come payday, so...:woohoo1:

My goodness...I feel like a virgin on prom night! :w000t:

Chas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish you would have PM'd me to see if I wanted. I really like S&W revolvers and a model 13 is on my short list of gotta haves, and a 3 inch to boot.

I want one to! Congrats and I hope you enjoy and tell Mrs. GED "Well played, Mamn"

Latest posts

Top Bottom