Gun exposure in a public bathroom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnight

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I was at wal-mart taking a deuce. With my xd9 in my WBH I had my pants pulled down and doing the biz.

The guy next to me had his kid in the stall with him. I guess the kid looked under the wall and saw my gun. He then in a really load voice yelled "daddy the man next to us has a gun". I stated quietly to the man that I had a ccw. I guess he was a a hole and replied "you think your going to need to shoot someone in wal mart?" which I replied "you never know do ya".

Nothing else became of this. But would this be something you could get in trouble for? Should I hide it in my underware?

BravoOne

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While takin' a crap I keep my pants at my knees (above then) to avoid this... My holster sits on the right side of my knee so it doesn't slip & I can keep tension on it...
I also try to keep a hand/arm over it to keep it concealed somewhat...

As far as getting in trouble... If someone wanted to push the issue it would cause you difficulty because you didn't keep it concealed, but hopefully an Officer would realize the situation & cut you soe slack, but realistically you could get into trouble for exposing the weapon...

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
that's an issue I was talking about the other day. The most difficult time I have concealing is when on a public crapper. (this coming from a guy 6'9" guy that has one heck of a finding shirts long enough). Never been spotted, but definitely a precarious situation. I would assume it would be considered brandishing your weapon just like walking down the aisle and your shirt getting caught up on it.

barratt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMHO this is why I am for open carry. I come from AZ where there is a open carry law and all growing up i saw people with guns on there hips (Never Brandishing) I dont get why people who have taken the steps to carry a gun have to worry about someone making out (printing) or seeing it when you bend over.
I hope that they will pass the open carry law not so i can carry open but so we can put these kind of experiences in the past. to me it does not make seance.

:cannon:

cinman14

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As far as getting in trouble... If someone wanted to push the issue it would cause you difficulty because you didn't keep it concealed, but hopefully an Officer would realize the situation & cut you soe slack, but realistically you could get into trouble for exposing the weapon...

I really can't see a LEO pursuing this any further than asking you be more careful.. I would also ask the LEO that he educate the Dad on the dangers of his child peeking under stalls in a men's restroom...

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really can't see a LEO pursuing this any further than asking you be more careful.. I would also ask the LEO that he educate the Dad on the dangers of his child peeking under stalls in a men's restroom...

This is probably what I would have told the dad.

Having your gun exposed in a public toilet stall wouldn't be an issue. Anyone seeing it in there is looking where they shouldn't anyway. :NO:

Latest posts

Top Bottom