Gun owner against the SDA.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the person who almost died is a moron for expressing his opinion, AKA 1st Amendment right to free speech? Because you disagree with him? The person or recklessly shot into a busy intersection is not? The gem dealer is totally at fault. He fired recklessly into the back of the criminals only worried about his money and not worried about the innocent bystanders in the area.

You are right. maybe "moron" is a little harsh but his statement that since someone shot his car he is suddenly against the conceal carry law seems a little ignorant.

BC

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
So the person who almost died is a moron for expressing his opinion, AKA 1st Amendment right to free speech? Because you disagree with him? The person or recklessly shot into a busy intersection is not? The gem dealer is totally at fault. He fired recklessly into the back of the criminals only worried about his money and not worried about the innocent bystanders in the area.

Nobody said he was a moron for expressing his opinion. Sounds more like they are saying he is a moron for holding that opinion.
Also there is no 1st Amendment issues here as the government isn't trying to silence the guy.
Personally I think he is an ignorant dolt. Sure, he is entitled to his opinion, and I am entitled to my opinion of his opinion, and in turn you are entitled to your opinion of my opinion.
I also think the shooter is a dangerous freaking dip shat that needs to spend some time behind bars after he pays to repair or replace the ignorant dolt's car.
:werd:

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nobody said he was a moron for expressing his opinion. Sounds more like they are saying he is a moron for holding that opinion.
Also there is no 1st Amendment issues here as the government isn't trying to silence the guy.
Personally I think he is an ignorant dolt. Sure, he is entitled to his opinion, and I am entitled to my opinion of his opinion, and in turn you are entitled to your opinion of my opinion.
I also think the shooter is a dangerous freaking dip shat that needs to spend some time behind bars after he pays to repair or replace the ignorant dolt's car.
:werd:

^^^ What he said. Steve

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I heard about this incident on the radio (KTOK i believe), and they reported the gem dealer was a CCW owner. I do feel it was an inappropriate use of his weapon, but its ridiculous to call for a ban on CCW because one person was careless.

53convert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not real sure what CCW had to do with it.:homer:
The business owner had the right to have the gun in the business regardless.
Wonder if ole Prather will file charges on this one?:yikes2:

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do please remember that the person calling for a ban was almost shot while driving down the street minding his own business. Just like anyone who has ever had a friend or family member hit by a drunk driver wants all drinking outlawed. It is kind of scary that more people are mad and are bashing Mr. Gray for his opinion than are saying anything about the business owner.

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely get the blood flowing. And yes Jack deserves to be reimbursed by the clown who was using unlawful deadly force. Not that it should be unlawful under the circumstances, just imprudent and negligent because it was a busy street. The gem dealer should have had his gun a little closer so that he could have attended to business a little sooner during the incident instead of shooting up the street and letting the thugs get the goods in the first place..

Jack sounds like a regular puss-boy. I wonder if he thinks that police bullets won't damage his Porsche or puncture his hide?

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about the idiot shooter and the idiot robbers (remember the robbers?) all pitch in to fix puss-boy's car. Sounds like there were a plethora of morons involved. I'd be pissed too were I nearly perforated. More likely that I'd be pissed at the root cause (the original crime and criminals) than at the issuance of SDA permits though. Eff 'em all.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thieves = Morons
Gem Dealer = Moron
Car owner = Understandably pissed

This is one of those incidents that makes all of us look bad and gives the anti-gunners fuel for their fire.

Latest posts

Top Bottom