Gutter the Nun Pigeon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So maybe 2 weeks ago this dude shows up outta the blue and won’t leave. My kids named him Gutter since he hangs out in the gutter.

Any ideas on how to get this thing to find a new home? My wife and kids have started feeding it so it’s not leaving but I can’t coax him into the nesting box I made. He is 100% someone’s pet that escaped as he doesn’t seem to mind us at all.

IMG_5163.jpegIMG_5164.jpegIMG_5135.jpeg

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Pigeons don’t have to be pets to be unafraid of humans. They know where the chow is too. You might have two or three more show up. It might be looking for a nesting place too. Once they latch on to a place, they never leave, like Californians.

We used to raise them and once they nest or decide they like it there, they become a permanent fixture. In the middle of the AZ desert, other pigeons would show up outta nowhere and assimilate into the flock/kit, like a miracle, lol. Good luck.

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Can you see a band on his leg? Racing pigeons aren’t afraid of people. Had one land in my yard last summer to take a rest it was hot outside so I gave him a bowl of water. As soon as I turned the hose on he waddled right up to my. I could see his band then. He hung out for a few hours and took off. I made a thread about it I’ll see if I can find it.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No band. I was able to hold it the other day is why I’m thinking it’s a pet. After using some google fu, I was able to figure out it’s what they call a nun pigeon. I don’t mind him other than all the GD **** on my roof LOL.
Ok, let me get this straight. You had your hands on the bird and didn’t wring his neck?!?

Sorry dude, you’re on your own on this one. :rolleyes2

Latest posts

Top Bottom