H and H starting to go downhill ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had gone there and purchased memberships regularly since the mid 90s until about 2015 or so. what I consider the slide started with their expansion to open more lanes. Back in the day every range had a side storage area either shelves or a rifle rack depending on the type of range. For the most part those were removed and user to make the shooting stations on new lanes. The result is there isn't any place to put your guns or gear not being used at that moment. If you are lucky you can get one of the two folding chairs that seem to be in each bay, but that still is a suboptimal solution.

Back in the day when they were relatively small I understood why their ball ammo was cheap and the few guns they carried were generally more expensive than other places as it had to do with volume of sales resulting in wholesale purchase volume. However after the merged with outdoor outfitters (I don't know who bought who) and started to expand to be a full service gun store, archery shop, and gear retailer I didn't and don't understand why their prices are generally still 10-20% higher than other brick and mortars around.

I have also noticed the staff has gotten consistently younger and younger (probably because kids work cheaply relative to people who have been around and know things). Overall I think the biggest problem is H&H has deviated from its roots trying to be everything to everyone in the outdoor and sporting community. In doing so they have over stretched their real ability and haven't been willing or able to fill the core skills needed to be successful in the new role they wish to fill.
I miss those shelve cabinets that were on the side in the shooting lanes also. Definitely sucked when they took them away

Reaction score
Sad to hear. They always had one of the largest selections of any gun store I've been in. I was in there about 2-3 years ago and while there were several people that were friendly and helpful, there was one gentleman back in the gunsmith area that was a sawed off *******. Had a MAJOR chip on his shoulder and was rude as hell to not only me both another customer. That guy should be fired if he is still there.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After COVID and now the pandemic, many good business and folks suffered, the internet makes it hell to make a profit I imagine, I never cared for h&h to begin with, but if you want to shoot indoors they are ok.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stopped going to H&H because it was so far from Moore. Plus, I just didn't like shooting there. Instead, I started going to the devil's playground.....Gun World. Now I would never buy a gun from there (stupid crazy prices). Their range however was nice. Also, since the business was basically a pariah, I was usually the only one shooting.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stopped going to H&H because it was so far from Moore. Plus, I just didn't like shooting there. Instead, I started going to the devil's playground.....Gun World. Now I would never buy a gun from there (stupid crazy prices). Their range however was nice. Also, since the business was basically a pariah, I was usually the only one shooting.
Don’t they still charge by the hour? The one thing I like about H&H. Flat fee for as long as you shoot

2ALibtard

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have only visited H&H a few times. Customer service was always good, and their prices were fine.

The only negative experiences I have had were with other customers. People that get so bent out of shape when things don’t go their way, and they try to make it everyone else’s problem. Just because H&H doesn’t stock some specific part doesn’t make them bad people, and no society isn’t going downhill because you have to wait for something.

Latest posts

Top Bottom