H and H starting to go downhill ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
got told i didn't know what i was doing when trying to purchase some powder for reloading back in like.....2012? maybe earlier?

went one more time with my bro in law and sister. guy at the counter told my brother in law his LCP wouldn't "stop a bad guy" because .380 isn't enough. my bro called out to me "hey, this guy doesn't think i carry enough gun", i said "lets see you take 5 of 'em" and never came back.

you'd think they'd be more friendly instead of telling everyone that comes in they have no idea what they are doing.
i don't really have any idea why anyone would gun stores when places like this exist. only have to worry about one guy telling me i'm doing things wrong here, and i can take that because he's an idiot lol

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
One positive thing that happened last year was that they became a Glock Distributor, which means that if you’re eligible for the Blue Label program you can buy from them instead of going through GT Dist in TX.
Hope they changed the company policy of only giving you one magazine with your purchase instead of the two that came with the gun.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't feel bad. They are all going downhill. Went in Ozark Sportsman in Tontitown Ar. Tuesday. A much bigger place than H&H. The clothing side was locked up. Only appeared to be one guy working the whole place. Two guys shooting and I was the only one shopping. All reloading gone except like 2 boxes of hornady and some plastic ammo boxes. Ammo pitiful. Guns pitiful unless you wanted an AR.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If H & H wants to improve. I would suggest (1) improve the attitude of their staff; (2) upgrade their range; (3) increase training opportunities; and (4) improve the time it takes to get a firearm cleaned including looking into the latest methods to clean firearms.
People pay to have their firearms cleaned?

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gun stores in general around here seem to be downhill around here. Dudes have attitudes for days. I don't get it.
It’s like they are a bicycle, camera, home improvement, or auto parts store…. If you are not an expert (in their opinion) you get talked down to. Pretty common, and offputting, in many industries.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s like they are a bicycle, camera, home improvement, or auto parts store…. If you are not an expert (in their opinion) you get talked down to. Pretty common, and offputting, in many industries.

Re: Stupid things you've heard in a gun store thread. It gets tiresome, because half your co-workers and 95% of the motoring public are blooming idiots when it comes to guns and shooting. Trust me.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Re: Stupid things you've heard in a gun store thread. It gets tiresome, because half your co-workers and 95% of the motoring public are blooming idiots when it comes to guns and shooting. Trust me.
I will never trust you… no matter how correct you are.
After reading a few of these posts, I've discovered one of the things I like most about H&H. It seems like all the Negative Nancys have stopped going there.
I saw a guy last Saturday behind the knife counter start pulling out all the knives he was carrying to show a customer. I left before I died laughing at 5.

I pretty much stopped going because I don’t like loaded firearms pointed at me. It’s happened a lot there.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pretty much stopped going because I don’t like loaded firearms pointed at me. It’s happened a lot there.
That's part of the reason I only go there on weekday mornings.

come to think of it, weekday mornings are pretty much my time for going almost anywhere, I guess I don't enjoy crowds as much as I used to. Retirement is Great!

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
After reading a few of these posts, I've discovered one of the things I like most about H&H. It seems like all the Negative Nancys have stopped going there.
i definitely agree, but strangely i'm very positive of businesses that treat me like i already have a modicum of sense. like i get it, it's easy to assume people are dumb, but given just *how much* information is available today it's FAR easier to be informed about ANYTHING than at any time in history.

i know in my job, if I start talking *down* to my clients like I clearly know more than them, and if they don't follow my *exact* advice (which of course entails purchasing whatever i recommend and believing me 100% when i say whatever they currently have isn't good enough) they will be sorry, i wouldn't have any clients.

there's a very perfect blend of being confident in your knowledge and abilities to serve, but also respecting the knowledge and abilities of the people you are doing business with, even if they have none. this is called "professionalism" and although i #$*!post here, i'm always amazed when people act like this in real life lol.

like i don't know how H & H pay worked, i don't know if sales staff got any commission or just worked a counter, but why on Earth would you try to sell a guy a firearm after opening with insulting his carry piece?!

Latest posts

Top Bottom