H and H starting to go downhill ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerpgh

Marksman
Reaction score
I think the gunsmith is running the whole store now, he's been there a long time. One of the salesman on the floor told me that about a month ago. I don't know who owns it now. I don't buy much there anymore but I like to go look at the used guns they get in.
If that's the case they are definitely a sinking ship. I've had two interactions with him, one of those where he "fixed" my front sight. Got it home and took a good look to see that it was more crooked than when I took it in.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only about the last 15 years or so lmao.
They adopted that too big to fail attitude long ago when it worked. It was pretty much H&H or Banner for ranges and H&H or Outdoor America for gun purchases so you dealt with it. But with so much local competition for ranges, and for gun sales, the digital competition, they needed to adapt and never did. They look always packed every time I drive by in the highway so I guess they’re doing alright with range rentals, but I’d question the type of person who still goes there unless they’re training scenario involves shooting in a dimly lit, poorly ventilated, bullet hole filled room filled with antique range equipment. 🥴

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately you get kind of used to it. I go about once every month or two. Thinking about going to Wilshire, except they are not open Sundays.
There was a time that I used to go to the range weekly. But that has been entirely too long ago. When I could grab a box of Winchester white box 100rnds for about 16 bucks I’d do 200 rnds a week. Plus I have an advantage arms 22 conversion that I put countless rounds through for trigger time. Now that ammo has doubled in price and it’s not as easy to get ahold of I’ve probably been to the Range twice in the last two years.

Makes me wish that I had got into reloading and stockpiled the components. I’ve safe brass for many many many years for that procrastinated eventuality.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was up there a few weeks ago and there were a lot people shooting bows, must've been a competition or something so that probably helps keep the doors open. I enjoy going up there and looking around. When I was looking to maybe buy a new Python they were $200 cheaper than anyone around. I used to go to Mustang Gun and Pawn a lot and I bought guns from the owner Randy, he's a helluva nice guy and usually would make me a deal. The last few times I've went I never seen him and the old grouch was in there and said " well it's lunch time everybody needs to leave we will open back up in an hour"! How's that for customer service, I drove all the way from Norman to look around. He knows me to because I've been going there for years and ran me off anyway Haha. I have no need to go back, with the internet now days I can find everything easier and cheaper.

67RS/SSx2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll throw in my two cents (worth about $0.0001 today). I went in there yesterday during the day. Wasn't too busy but a few employees asked if they could help me while I looked around. Ended up having one of my knives sharpened. Did a good job too.

They were a little low of inventory but who isn't these days. Their prices tend to be a little more than I can find most things at other places...on-line, etc. But the convenience of a personal inspection is worth a little more in my opinion. A lot more??? Probably not. Anyway just wanted to share that I had a good experience there recently.

Carry on.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One positive thing that happened last year was that they became a Glock Distributor, which means that if you’re eligible for the Blue Label program you can buy from them instead of going through GT Dist in TX.

Range Pllunker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If H & H wants to improve. I would suggest (1) improve the attitude of their staff; (2) upgrade their range; (3) increase training opportunities; and (4) improve the time it takes to get a firearm cleaned including looking into the latest methods to clean firearms.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Place I’m talking about is Edmond on 15th St. a couple businesses east of Kelly on the south side of the road. Can’t miss it with that giant yellow safe out there. Building has a buffalo on the front of it with 405 in it
That’s is Miles’s safe store. I think it’s called Lock it Up Safes. One or two of his sons work there with him. Another of his sons works near me but in another department

Latest posts

Top Bottom