H and H starting to go downhill ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't find a listing for that company. Location?
Place I’m talking about is Edmond on 15th St. a couple businesses east of Kelly on the south side of the road. Can’t miss it with that giant yellow safe out there. Building has a buffalo on the front of it with 405 in it

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have used the range twice in the 3 users I have lived in OKC both times went with people who were gun shy to begin with and the manner in which people using the range and RSOs Conducted themselves both visits didn't help the opinion of the people I had brought.
They rental/range cou ter even told a guy they only made AKs in 7.62x39 and sold him the wrong ammo his was a 5.45 and yes he should have known his weapon but the range counter should have helped him or atleast had an RSO near him while on the line. I KNOW all of this because I was the one who cleared the jams and explained to him that it's is a big no no to not keep the muzzle down range, and also taught him how to clear a jam from incorrect am o being driven into the chamber.
There are a few retail side instances that put me off to them aswell but I still shop there from time to time.
It's really hard to find a decent gun shop anymore.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t make it to OKC very often, but I was in there day before yesterday. The guy at the powder and primers counter was attentive and helpful. However, I stood at the gunsmith counter and a counter by the gun sales area, and I was ignored for several minutes. The guys didn’t seem interested in doing there job so I left. I don’t have any reference as to how the store used to be, but I am not impressed with the current operation.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been going there on a regular basis, two-three times a month, sinc moving to OKC in 2013. Being retired, I can go during the week when there is fewer shooters on the ranges. I normally will take a walk by the used guns area and have purchased a few from time to time. Since the market really picked up, the inventory has dropped off significantly. They seem to have trouble keeping salespeople, but there is a few long-term guys that have always been polite and helpful.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We don’t like H&H, Big Boys, Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart, what else? Either we have very high standards, or we have become just another species of snowflake.
dont be such a DB, some of us prefer not to support the corporate giants that’s simple, if a local establishment sucks it just sucks that’s ok it’s like Dongs they were always the highest in Tulsa back in the day. And better places filled the vacuum. I go to 2A or SCI nowadays it’s like USSA it’s gone down hill but it’s because they don’t make enough money and they are usually understaffed. I bring my own 2x4’s out there lol

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually prefer not being harassed while I walk around. I have bought quite a bit of stuff from them and I havent run into issues tracking down a helpful salesperson once I found something I was interested in. I do normally go during the day on weekdays because I dont like being in crowded places.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
dont be such a DB, some of us prefer not to support the corporate giants that’s simple,
That’s why there are places for everyone, even folks that are always mad about something. Stores come and go. Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot are just fads and will soon be taken over by the local mom & pop with their low inventory and high prices.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
H&H is a corporate giant? Also, wasn't someone else complaining about one of the other OKC ranges recently?

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I go there occasionally. Things have slowed down. I think largely because of the ammo and reloading supply shortages.

Why buy a gun if you can’t get ammo?

Latest posts

Top Bottom