H&H Gunsmithing a JOKE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha! That's funny. That's what happens when these threads get so long and you have a poor memory (notice my signature line). However, the principal still applies.

Sounds like things are getting better. At least it sounds like you feel more comfortable with the business now. Sometimes a vent just seems to help a little.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And, I still can't get over the arguement about the screwdrivers. Sanjuro clearly described his experience and some of you guys seem to want to insist he's lying because you saw different screwdrivers in there before. I'll admit that they looked very nice in that picture all lined up in a row in their nest, but that don't do no good if they don't use them. Yes, I'm sure they usually do use them, but they chose to advise Sanjuro differently. Why do some of you think Sanjuro decided to make up a silly story and post it in this thread?

I've been by their smith area over a dozen times. You can see their screwdrivers from the front desk. They even have a set of long ones of all sorts of different widths. I was told they were useful for unscrewing tubes, where you need something the exact width of the tube.

If they handed him a POS screwdriver it was probably because they thought he wanted to borrow one.

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What is to say the buyer (not saying the OP would do this) didnt go out, shoot someone with the new weapon and then wanted to bring the weapon back to store because it is now "defective"? I worked for Academy and they rules are the same, once you leave the threshold of the store the weapon is yours even if it is in 2 pieces. Main reason why you should always inspect the weapon before leaving the store.

That's describing a company policy, not the laws of the USA and there's a big difference.

Falguy posted earlier in this thread that their policy now would be to take back the unfired shotgun, transfer him a new one and deal with Benelli themselves. FFL's take in guns and put them on their books all the time, there's nothing illegal about that. There's also nothing illegal about an FFL transfering someone a firearm and not charging them for it.

Academy also won't release a firearm if the buyer got a hold (or whatever it's called) on the NICS check even though they are allowed to release it after not hearing anything after three days. It's their company policy to not transfer a firearm unless they get a proceed.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have personally known surjimmy for several years. I can say, without ANY reservation, that you will not find a more generous, more likeable or more helpful person. He is passionate about anything he does and he is passionate with his guns. He is a fine person who will help anyone that just asks. As far as gunsmithing I only use Steve Balwin in Jones. The work is excellant. The turn around time is reasonable and on time. The price is reasonable too. I have never had a bad experience with Steve over the years.

+1 to both of these. Gotta love the keyboard ninjaz!!! :D

I have had some customer service issues with H&H, but it is like any other business, there are some incompetents anywhere. Gotta say, FALguy has always been fair and approachable on any issues. Might not give you the store, but is honest and listens.

Jimmy, I think you are a cheap jarhead, and in pentance you should show your charity by giving me one of your Les Baers. Call me to arrange pickup, pray the rosary, and say 10 Hail MoBoosts, and you will be forgiven........

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 to both of these. Gotta love the keyboard ninjaz!!! :D

I have had some customer service issues with H&H, but it is like any other business, there are some incompetents anywhere. Gotta say, FALguy has always been fair and approachable on any issues. Might not give you the store, but is honest and listens.

Jimmy, I think you are a cheap jarhead, and in pentance you should show your charity by giving me one of your Les Baers. Call me to arrange pickup, pray the rosary, and say 10 Hail MoBoosts, and you will be forgiven........

Ok, so I'm an opinionated, loud mouth SOB with flashy avatar. Hate me or love me - all hail MoBoost! :rotflmao:

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do they say - screw me once, shame on you; screw me twice, shame on me?

Actually I think one of the Bush's coined some phrase..."Fool me once ...umm ..well thats a shame....but I wont be fooled again"....or something like that.
We have some really great gunsmiths here in Lawton.....we have nothing like H+H
Uncle Sams is not bad...Murph's in Duncan seem to be alright....but the selection seems to be somewhat limited
Sorry for your troubles...seems like H+H is trying to make them right

Just my two cents and not ment to start something but I use to be from the area untill just a few years ago when I moved to the city and I have a bit of a different view. Uncle Sams is way over priced and will bend you over if you dont know any better, it is a pawn shop after all and preys on the G.I.s not to mention they will sell crap p.o.s......... Murphs is nice but still high on prices, they have a nice selection on the wall though. The only gunsmith I will use in the Lawton area is the Gun RX. He IS the last of the old gunsmiths and is a great guy to hang out with once you get to know him. He doesnt have a large selection to pick from but will get you what you want for a VERY resonable and fair price that one would be happy with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom