H&H Gunsmithing a JOKE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a negative experience with H&H when I had them repair the stock on my Benelli Supernova shotgun. Actually it began when I bought the gun new and as soon as I took it home and unboxed it, the recoil pad fell out along with the cage and assembly that holds the recoil pad on to the comfortech stock. I called H&H and they refused to give me a replacement for a brand new, unfired shotgun that had a defective stock I just bought from them and offered to repair the stock instead.

Before going with this route, I tried Benelli directly to see if they would send me a brand new stock. Long story short, Benelli online reps are idiots and don't know their own products. They sent me the wrong stock 5 times in a row, everything from a Nova stock, M1 stock, M2 stock, and SBE II stock. Basically everything except a Supernova stock, which has a different comfortech stock than their other models and requires that exact part.

Due to Benelli's incompetence, I decided to take H&H's offer to fix my stock. Initially they quoted me 2-3 weeks to basically glue on the cage assembly back onto the stock that holds the recoil in place. 4 weeks later, I called and they said that they weren't ready yet, but would be done in 2 more weeks. 7 weeks roll by and it's still not done after promising it would be completed "the next week." Almost 2 and a half months later, after calling them daily about it, they finally get it done.

Haven't bought or used their gunsmithing services for while after that experience. I did buy a Glock a few months ago from them, but it was more of an urgent need type of thing when my gen 3 was stolen. Otherwise, I still am hesitant about buying from H&H since they refused to replace a brand new gun with a manufacturers defect and then took 2 1/2 months just to glue on a recoil pad cage back into the stock. The only reason why I didn't do myself is because it was new and unfired and didn't want to ruin any warranties by my own hand.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
aestus, there is no way on Earth, after having gone through the experience you just described with both H&H and Benelli, that I would ever spend another penny with either of those two businesses. What do they say - screw me once, shame on you; screw me twice, shame on me?

Some here have said that H&H is great; it's just their gunsmithing dept that sucks. Sorry, but the gunsmithing dept is still H&H.

And, I still can't get over the arguement about the screwdrivers. Sanjuro clearly described his experience and some of you guys seem to want to insist he's lying because you saw different screwdrivers in there before. I'll admit that they looked very nice in that picture all lined up in a row in their nest, but that don't do no good if they don't use them. Yes, I'm sure they usually do use them, but they chose to advise Sanjuro differently. Why do some of you think Sanjuro decided to make up a silly story and post it in this thread?

I don't live in OKC, so I don't frequent H&H. If I did live there, I kinda doubt I'd spend my money there. Based on this forum alone, it seems that just about as many members berate H&H as praise them. It sounds like the odds of getting a bad deal there are fairly good.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well ronny, like I have been told, with any review of any service, you take the best reviews and poorest reviews and throw them out the door... go with the middle..

I had a poor experience with H&H but oh well, I'm sure there are a few..

I wanted night sights put on my 1911, took the time to take it down there to have the work done... don't know who it was, but the guy asked me, "are you sure you want night sights on this?"

all I could think was " no buddy, I just wanted to waste my time to come down here and you ask me that"

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know, I don't really disagree with that. I can't tell you how many times I've had bad/unprofessional experiences with car dealers and didn't let that stop me from going back. If you have a bad car salesman, chances are he won't be there the next time you go back.

However, when a guy's got a fairly expensive, and perhaps unreplaceable old rifle and the gunsmith(?) doesn't seem to understand the question, that's a little different. And, aestus' experience is just off the wall.

BTW, my point was that if these really bad experiences had happened to me, I'd never go back. As you said, however, reviews are a slightly different thing. I use the "grain of salt" rule myself.

I often wonder what I would do if I were the H&H people, the Outdoor America folks or maybe Warren Metcalf, how I would respond to some of the stuff that gets talked about on here. You certainly can't let it dictate your business, but I would think you'd have to pay attention.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some things to consider. If one gunsmith was perfect there would be no need for any other.
Everybody has their likes and dislikes.
This guys to high, this ones too slow, this ones place is messy, this one is closed on mondays, etc. etc.
Get over it and move on.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I often wonder what I would do if I were the H&H people, the Outdoor America folks or maybe Warren Metcalf, how I would respond to some of the stuff that gets talked about on here. You certainly can't let it dictate your business, but I would think you'd have to pay attention.

I for one can tell you I pay a lot of attention. I research each situation. I get both sides of the story. Sometimes I learn we were wrong. Sometimes I make changes and alter policies. Every time I learn.

I've responded to the OP via PM. If I had my preference I would have responded face to face in the store, as with any issue. I welcome anyone to bring an issue to me. Feedback is how we grow and learn. In the last several years our policies have evolved and softened. It is unusual for us to receive a complaint, and that wasn't always the case. Are we perfect? NO..but we are working on it.

And that is no joke.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven't bought or used their gunsmithing services for while after that experience. I did buy a Glock a few months ago from them, but it was more of an urgent need type of thing when my gen 3 was stolen. Otherwise, I still am hesitant about buying from H&H since they refused to replace a brand new gun with a manufacturers defect and then took 2 1/2 months just to glue on a recoil pad cage back into the stock.

Our policy on new firearms with manufacturer issues has changed since your Benelli issue. If we are unable to immediately and simply rectify the issue we will exchange the new, unfired gun for a new one and we send the gun back for repair. If the firearm has been fired we expedite shipping back to the manufacturer for repair, at our expense. I apologize for not having the policy in place during the Benelli issue.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
H&H has done a very nice job for many years. Central Oklahoma is fortunate to have such a well rounded facility.
This is just my opinion. YMMV of course.

Latest posts

Top Bottom