H&H Gunsmithing a JOKE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your experience, both times that I have had work done at H&H I was very satisfied. In fact, I recently boogered up some threads on the action of a rifle and Chris there at H&H went out of his way, IMO, to fix my screw-up.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
B96, your right about Miles he is a very nice guy and I will be talking to him today. I go to H&H all the time and yes have bought from them. This is the second time I have had trouble at the gunsmith section. The first was the mag plate on my sons Winchester 243 that was passed down to him would not stay shut. They worked on it and managed to chip the bluing or paint on the plate. Oh almost forgot, I a cheap pair of 1911 grips and asked if they would change them out they said sure. Not sure but it will cost you. Anyway for a $20 pair of grips the Smith charged me $10 to change 4 screws. I told him to put the old ones back on there was no way I would pay $10 for him to unscrew 4 screws on the grips of a 1911.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh almost forgot, I a cheap pair of 1911 grips and asked if they would change them out they said sure. Not sure but it will cost you. Anyway for a $20 pair of grips the Smith charged me $10 to change 4 screws. I told him to put the old ones back on there was no way I would pay $10 for him to unscrew 4 screws on the grips of a 1911.

Now I completely agree with your OP, but geez.... they ARE a business. If you can't switch out grips or want them to perform a simple service then be prepared to pay a little.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a similar experience to Jimmy's...Took a Colt Officers in to have some basic work done. I was told it would take a couple weeks. It took within a week of 4 months.

As a side note, I went in to get a buffer tube for an AR and they didn't have a single one in stock...for such a big place, I am not impressed with their parts department or their gunsmith work...

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I asked him to see his screwdriver set and he brought up a standard POS hardware store screwdriver set.

I have been in and out of that shop thousands of times in the last 6 years. The only sets I have seen are the Brownell's Magna-tip and one of the guys has a new set of Wheeler Engineering. Every bench has a set of hollow ground srewdrivers/tips visable. I don't see anything else.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just received a very nice pm from the store Mgr. of H&H. Please understand my rant does not reflect how I feel about the store in general, just the gunsmith dept. I have several friends that work there, and I will continue to shoot and sometimes buy from there.....GMThunder If he would have told me there would be a price to install the grips when I asked that would be one thing, he just said sure. Then wants to charge me 1/2 of what the grips cost to change them out was quit a shock. I don't want this to turn into a H&H bashing, just had to relieve some steam.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just received a very nice pm from the store Mgr. of H&H. Please understand my rant does not reflect how I feel about the store in general, just the gunsmith dept. I have several friends that work there, and I will continue to shoot and sometimes buy from there.....GMThunder If he would have told me there would be a price to install the grips when I asked that would be one thing, he just said sure. Then wants to charge me 1/2 of what the grips cost to change them out was quit a shock. I don't want this to turn into a H&H bashing, just had to relieve some steam.

Why don't ya just offer to "go get them a coke" for their efforts ... as described in another thread? :naughty:

Latest posts

Top Bottom