H&R Pardner Protector Riot Gun Project (With Pics)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Almost finished with my H&R Pardner Protector riot gun project. So far I've refinished and installed a stock and forend from an 870 Police model and added a Limbsaver buttpad. The birch 870 stock and forend was refinished with Fiebing's medium brown dye, five hand rubbed coats of BLO, and two coats of Johnson's paste wax. The stock was a direct fit with the exception of the stock bolt which required a longer 1/4"-28 x 8" version instead of the 1/4"-28 x 7" bolt that came with factory synthetic H&R stock. The forend required a little relieving on the interior since the action bar tube and magazine tube are slightly larger diameter than the 870. I haven't decided if I will add a sling yet. If so, all that is left is installing a rear sling swivel stud and adding a sling (most likely an M1 web sling).

Here are a few pics...

i181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_HRShotty023E.jpg

i181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_HRShotty034E.jpg

i181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_HRShotty038E.jpg

i181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_HRShotty037E.jpg

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem with beautiful guns is (and that is a beautiful gun!) that it makes one less inclined to go out and shoot it. I'd be afraid of messing it up!

Latest posts

Top Bottom