Had the most exciting turkey hunt of my life.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like you had a blast! Hopefully I'll get a chance to have something similar to this one day turkey hunting. Good Luck on getting the boss.

I've been hunting the Boss for two years now. He just won't respond to a call.
He stays at the end of the neighbors field that I can't hunt and struts back and forth for hours, all fanned out.
I'm a member of the NWTF and get their mag. One of the articles is that the best thing a flock can do is run off the boss tom as later in life, he is not as fertile as the younger toms.
I don't want to hear any crap about me being an old timer and having the same problem!!!!!:rotflmao::rotflmao:
The article said that taking the Boss Tom is a favor to the flock.
Guess I need to ramp up my older tom hunting:D

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've only been a few times but had a similar experience to a much lesser degree. My brother and I were out set up 5 yards from each other. We had a hen pop over the hill and walk right between us... she didn't stop though. I set up in the exact same place alone the next morning. Had a hen (maybe the same one) respond to my call a bit. Then just popped over the hill all fanned out like a tom. I looked and looked and looked..... but no beard. She strutted her stuff for a few minutes for me, then went on her way too. It is really awesome to see that stuff though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom