Halfway there...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of another project. :)

I've always preferred the grip length of the G19, but prefer the longer sight radius of the G17. I decided to cut my G17 grip down to fit G19 mags to have the best of both worlds. Many people do this type of modification, but few take the time to do it right. Most of the jobs you see are cut too high up, so that there is a gap between the frame and the mag base plate. Also, few take the time to fit a plug into the backstrap. The only thing I have left is to smooth out the frame a little more, stipple, and undercut the trigger guard. I still haven't decided on whether to do mag cutouts or not. Will post pics when it's done...

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, that looks great!! :faint:

The cuts are so smooth, what did you use to cut the frame with? I am thinking about undercutting my trigger guard also.

Looks suhweet!!

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, that looks great!! :faint:

The cuts are so smooth, what did you use to cut the frame with? I am thinking about undercutting my trigger guard also.

Looks suhweet!!
Thanks, guys. I used a hacksaw to (intentionally) cut it a little long. Used a sanding wheel after that to act as a file to file it down until the mag fit correctly. Measure 1,000,000 times, cut once? :D