Halfway there...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could do it, but have you ever handled a subcompact glock? You must adjust your grip to eject the mags. I have a G33 that I use the G32 mags with sleeve in and it won't drop the mags without relaxing my grip. I love the commander size of the G33 with the G32 mags, but if you're wanting a long barrel 17, I would cut it down to fit the 19 mags.

Yeah, I have a G27. Love the little pistol. I had a G19 but never carried it in summer clothes due to my thinking that the grip was too long and it stuck out like a sore thumb. If I could pick up a cheap police trade-in G22 I'd probably hack it up for the little mags.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I have a G27. Love the little pistol. I had a G19 but never carried it in summer clothes due to my thinking that the grip was too long and it stuck out like a sore thumb. If I could pick up a cheap police trade-in G22 I'd probably hack it up for the little mags.

Do you carry the flush mags or do you use the pinky extensions when you aren't using the compact mag with sleeve? I found on the G33 that the pinky extension adds enough to the forward part of the grip making it take up almost as much room as the compact mag and sleeve. So when I decide I want more than 9rds of .357sig, I swap the flush mag for the compact mag w/sleeve. Now I guess a person could take a compact and cut it down to take the subcompact mags. It would give you a shorter grip with the flush mags, but give you the longer barrel and sight radius.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you carry the flush mags or do you use the pinky extensions when you aren't using the compact mag with sleeve? I found on the G33 that the pinky extension adds enough to the forward part of the grip making it take up almost as much room as the compact mag and sleeve. So when I decide I want more than 9rds of .357sig, I swap the flush mag for the compact mag w/sleeve. Now I guess a person could take a compact and cut it down to take the subcompact mags. It would give you a shorter grip with the flush mags, but give you the longer barrel and sight radius.

I have all the mags (flush, pinky ext, G23, G22) and I prefer it with the stock flush 9 rnd mags. But yeah, a G23 or G19 cut down for the sub mags would be pretty cool too. I couldn't make myself do this to a new Glock though. But a battered LE trade, no prob.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have all the mags (flush, pinky ext, G23, G22) and I prefer it with the stock flush 9 rnd mags. But yeah, a G23 or G19 cut down for the sub mags would be pretty cool too. I couldn't make myself do this to a new Glock though. But a battered LE trade, no prob.

Where do you get the sleeves and what brand do you use?

Big Bad Wolf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My question is along the same lines but reverse the chopping area. I'd like to see a fullsize frame but with the shorter barrel/slide. 17 frame with 19 slide, 22 frame/23 slide, etc...

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My question is along the same lines but reverse the chopping area. I'd like to see a fullsize frame but with the shorter barrel/slide. 17 frame with 19 slide, 22 frame/23 slide, etc...

I don't know what you would get into with that. I'm thinking the rails wouldn't support a shorter slide even if you cut down the frame in some way. I think you would be better to just use the 19 frame and then 17 mags with the grip spacer sleeve flattwins and I are talking about.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know what you would get into with that. I'm thinking the rails wouldn't support a shorter slide even if you cut down the frame in some way. I think you would be better to just use the 19 frame and then 17 mags with the grip spacer sleeve flattwins and I are talking about.

I would agree with Soulman here.

And the sleeves I have? Not really sure. They may be the Pearce ones. I picked them up at the big Tulsa show from the same guy but at two different shows. That Lenny Magill dude has a bunch of online stores and one is called Glockstore.com. I've not ordered anything from them but one can check out the insane amount of crap (and cool stuff) available for Glocks.

Big Bad Wolf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kinda figured that would be the way I'd have to go. Ive got two Kimber 1911's that are the full size frames but the shorter slides. Really dig them and have just been thinking about what if's....

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda figured that would be the way I'd have to go. Ive got two Kimber 1911's that are the full size frames but the shorter slides. Really dig them and have just been thinking about what if's....

That's why I took the G33 and use the G32 mags with sleeve. I like the short barrel of the G33 and the full grip (well full for my hand since it's actually the compact grip) of the G32.