Hamburgers come from where?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Correct.

While meat plants/processors understand the severity of food borne pathogens and do a good job of testing, due to how ground beef is sourced, when not cooking to an internal temperature of 165 degrees one runs a risk of having a bout of E. coli. Great way … especially for seniors … to puke and poop oneself to death or blow out a kidney.

Because steaks and chops are single sourced, they have a lower risk of E. Coli.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Red in the middle for all cuts and cooks of beef. Pork chops or pork tenderloins should be light pink in the center. Chicken cooked all the way through but still juicy.
No pink in my pork, thanks.

We don't buy hamburger from the grocery store, so I have more confidence that my ground beef was handled properly. (local processor) I know for certain how my deer is processed (I do it), but deer doesn't make as juicy a burger.

Steaks are safer because there's less surface area for bacteria to grow, or to even be exposed to. When meat is ground/chopped, more surfaces are created and exposed to possible contamination. If you really want to be afraid of your food, read up on bacteria growth vs time at 70F.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Steaks red in the middle is a whole lot different than hamburger red in the middle. If your hamburger isn’t at least 160 degrees in the middle, you are asking for food poisoning.
It's a gamble, but not 100% chance.
Clostridium perfringens is the most common bacteria that causes illness. Food setting out too long lets bacteria thrive. The good news is you build an immunity to it. So folks that eat sketchy food are better suited to eat sketchy food. I try to strengthen my immune system every chance I get, and couple that with cardio. Shoot straight, run fast, eat ass.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can do light pink. But not red. I don't like it when it moos as I take a bite.
I cook my burgers to pink, but I like my steaks with just his horns knocked off and ass wiped before he goes on my plate. If there’s not at least a little moo when I stick the fork in it, it’s overcooked.🤣

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In addition to bacterial infections...
Under-cooked meat has the potential for containing parasites.

-----
Taenia Saginata, beef tapeworm

Once consumed, the Beef tapeworm (T. Saginata), only lives in the human intestines, and can grow to 30 foot long.
T. Saginata can live for 20 years inside the intestines with No human symptoms (asymptomatic).
Infection with beef parasites is generally not an issue. (With exclusions)

-----
Taenia Solium, pork tapeworm

ALWAY FULLY COOK PORK.
PORK tapewormss are FAAAR more dangerous.

After pork tapeworms are consumed - T. Solium can migrate into almost any organ in the human body, potentially causing significant human conditions of any organ.

-----

Note: I'm an Engineer, not a doctor.
...Although, I do find human parasitology a fascinating field.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have a buddy who used to work for Lopez Foods, who does the processing for some products at McDonalds(sausage, mcrib, burgers). He talked about NEVER eating from there. He talked about seeing Bandaids in the meat as it passed to different sections of the plant. I haven't eaten there in YEARS! Miss the fries
Not sure if because they changed the oil or the fries, but no where nearly as good as they were.

Latest posts

Top Bottom