Hamburgers come from where?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just had two homemade, well done, jalapeno, double smashburgers with cheese. Yum, yum!

Hamburger meat that is not brown all the way through has a mushy texture that I don't like plus I don't want to get sick from it.

I like steak medium rare.
As long as that patty it 145*, it's safe no matter the pink

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I buy a cow periodically, but still use a meat thermometer and make sure my burgers are cooked to 165. Now I do like some pink in my steak, but that is a different risk level. To this day I still REALLY cook hotdogs, after doing some research, due to a young patient I had. She had eaten Hebrew National hotdogs (what you would think would be good) and got a severe complication from E.coli poisoning. I found out they can use meat condemned for use in other products, because hotdogs are a cooked product. Not for me thanks, nuke it till it glows and then shoot it in the dark.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny you should mention that.

I've become tired of eating ground beef.

I've been buying freshly ground pork at Crest Foods in the full service case.

I've been using ground pork to make my burgers and I really like it.

Nice change of pace, change of paste, great flavor.

I've even used Crest ground pork in chili.

funny
I bought a butt load of brisket at the store on sale for $2.99 a lb with the same store offering pork sirloin for .99 a pound. Bought a butt ton of that as well.
Cut them in to chunks and fed them through the grinder alternately to get what is called a Boston Burger. 1/2 pork, 1/2 beef. It's pretty good.
Back to cooking burgers. We made bunless hamburgers tonight with all the goodies minus the bun.
I've seen click bait on the internet that says to put an ice cube on the center of the patty when grilling it.
What the heck, let's try that.
It works! The burger was not dry in the least when cooked to med well.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dad, "Wipe its ass and wave it over a match."

Me, "Medium well please." No pink.
My dad was knock off the horns, wipe it's A$$ and lets eat. He liked his blue rare. I'm in between rare and medium rare.
Always order rare at restaurants as most are overcooked to get what I want.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same with my mother-in-law. She’d cook a $100 Prime Rib to very well done.
My wife has to have her fillet well done in restaurants and at home. I don't understand how anyone can eat an expensive cut like that well done. I've tried a bite, it's not flavorful at all.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I mostly eat ground turkey breast, but a 50/50 mix of pork and beef makes for awesome burgers and loaf

You won't put on any weight eating turkey, because you can't stand to eat it.
Now, did you find out if Baldwin is working or not? I had a dream about low walls 2 nights ago, that's not normal

Latest posts

Top Bottom