Hamburgers come from where?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
50/50 beef / mutton is my favorite, though
I love me some lamburgers! Lamb is safe rare as well. I can't process a deer without partaking of some freshly sliced backstrap, no fire or skillet required. Most of the pork I eat is free range, so I 100% cook the hell out of it.

@Ready_fire_aim is correct, there are many other factors that go in to meat safety. If you read too much about it, you'll be overly cautious with some things. (rightfully so) Ground beef from Wal-Mart would be treated like hazardous material. I like knowing where my food came from. There's a chance that your 5lb tube of WM burger was sourced from three different continents. (yes, 3 in one bag) That's taking more risk from processors in foreign countries that may not be up to par with Western standards.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Correct.

While meat plants/processors understand the severity of food borne pathogens and do a good job of testing, due to how ground beef is sourced, when not cooking to an internal temperature of 165 degrees one runs a risk of having a bout of E. coli. Great way … especially for seniors … to puke and poop oneself to death or blow out a kidney.

Because steaks and chops are single sourced, they have a lower risk of E. Coli.
This is why I eat steaks. When I do eat a burger, I prefer to have it ground at home.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't buy WM meat

We raise our own beef. Will buy a 4H hog, if we get lucky maybe a sheep or goat, to feed out and process. Those 4H animals are fed top quality feeds and are tender.
Catch briskets on sale and grind to fill the freezer with hamburger.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't buy WM meat

We raise our own beef. Will buy a 4H hog, if we get lucky maybe a sheep or goat, to feed out and process. Those 4H animals are fed top quality feeds and are tender.
Catch briskets on sale and grind to fill the freezer with hamburger.
I don't like 4 h animals, they are fed growth hormones in the hot feed to get the looks that sell.

Latest posts

Top Bottom