Hamburgers come from where?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've switched entirely to 50/50 beef pork, purchase separately and mix/freeze at home. My burgers are medium, I like my hot dogs to have a smidge of blackening crunch on them, but my steaks are eaten after cooking about 5 seconds past purple. Never tried a turkey, lamb, or bison burger, but I had an ostrich burger once. Don't recall how it tasted. I do remember the guy giving me a blank stare when I asked if I could get it with a fried ostrich egg on top.

Bad Hombre

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"the potentially contaminated beef was produced on April 26 and April 27. There haven’t been any confirmed reports of illness due to the meat, according to the agency’s notice."

"a spokesperson from Cargill Meat Solutions said the products were recalled “out of an abundance of caution.”

As is frequently said....."a nothingburger" ! Still never heard of anyone getting sick from walmart ground meat.....never, never, never, never....

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"the potentially contaminated beef was produced on April 26 and April 27. There haven’t been any confirmed reports of illness due to the meat, according to the agency’s notice."

"a spokesperson from Cargill Meat Solutions said the products were recalled “out of an abundance of caution.”

As is frequently said....."a nothingburger" ! Still never heard of anyone getting sick from walmart ground meat.....never, never, never, never....
So because you don’t have knowledge of it, means it never happened? People go to the ER every day with food poisoning & it doesn’t make the news.

But, forget the Walmart issue. Anyone who eats undercooked hamburger is at risk for food poisoning. It’s just not a good idea.
That’s like saying “I’ve eaten potato salad that was out in the sun all afternoon, & I never got sick”. Well, maybe that’s true & you beat the odds, but it’s a really dumb thing to do.

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
50/50 lamb/beef is good. We keep a small flock of sheep and process a couple each year. I love lamb and mutton!
Y'now, I raised sheeps but never ate them. I just had them for a 4H and FFA project and sold their wool. Never butchered one. I guess I missed out. DIdn't much like them walkin underwear type critters. They were dumb and stubborn as hell. I planted a good grazing crop in their new pen and when it was about a foot tall I let them in. The first damn thing they did was get their heads stuck in the square fence wire trying to get to the weeds on the other side.

:scream: :anyone::censored:

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I cook my burgers to pink, but I like my steaks with just his horns knocked off and ass wiped before he goes on my plate. If there’s not at least a little moo when I stick the fork in it, it’s overcooked.🤣
I just shine a flashlight on mine...don't wanna overcook it

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Red in the middle for all cuts and cooks of beef. Pork chops or pork tenderloins should be light pink in the center. Chicken cooked all the way through but still juicy.
If you like it red in the middle go to Texas Road house and order it medium well. They're rare I think they just put NEXT to the grill but not actually on it. Personally I like my steak like I like my women...with a hot pink center...

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you like it red in the middle go to Texas Road house and order it medium well. They're rare I think they just put NEXT to the grill but not actually on it. Personally I like my steak like I like my women...with a hot pink center...

Every location is different, they have different cooks. The Wichita Falls Road House had a cook that must have hated good steaks. I ordered EXTREMELY RARE and received over med well, just short of well. Wif had ordered MED and got a charcoal briquet. Sent both back and ordered EXTREMELY RARE, came out med well. Had eaten about half and manager came by. I held up the meat and asked how he would classify it? He says it looks very med well. I asked waitress what was ordered, TWICE? She told him, extremely rare. Manager apologized and headed to kitchen.

The Lawton location has always been spot on. We order med RARE and it is somewhere between almost MED and not quite RARE.

Latest posts

Top Bottom