Handcuffs at Home?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iwant1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been reading stories in the NRA Rifleman "Armed Citizen" and also local situations where the intruder was "held" until the COPS arrived.
Would anyone suggest purchasing handcuffs for the home?
Please fight the urge for any sexual ideas you may have to comment about..

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMHO No handcuffs, you open yourself to unlawful imprisonment. I'm sure someone with more legal expertise will be along but in a home defense scenario my goal is to stop the threat, whether they turn tail and run or I have to shoot them once the threat is stopped I do not want to be attempting to make close contact with someone and have a situation that was under control go out of control by trying to cuff someone.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i don't think you would want get close enough to someone you are holding at gun point to cuff them

Plus 1000!!!!!!! That is the most dangerous time for a police officer, and its the last thing you'd want to attempt to do. I'm an ex-LEO, have several pairs from my time, and even with the training I've had, I'd rather hold the scum at gunpoint till the police arrive.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been reading stories in the NRA Rifleman "Armed Citizen" and also local situations where the intruder was "held" until the COPS arrived.

The NRA Personal Defense Course emphatically teaches NEVER approach an intruder, even if you think he is dead or seriously wounded. Keep them covered from a distance, and assume they might resume the attack at any time.

Iwant1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The NRA Personal Defense Course emphatically teaches NEVER approach an intruder, even if you think he is dead or seriously wounded. Keep them covered from a distance, and assume they might resume the attack at any time.[/QUOTE

This is how I felt, I just thought I would stirr the poop. Thanks for the good advice.

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plus 1000!!!!!!! That is the most dangerous time for a police officer, and its the last thing you'd want to attempt to do. I'm an ex-LEO, have several pairs from my time, and even with the training I've had, I'd rather hold the scum at gunpoint till the police arrive.
Yep. Anyone "serious and committed", having been cuffed by varying degrees of professionals, may decide to do a quick roll and use the cuff-you-haven't-fastened-yet to fish hook your neck. One of the more unpleasant ways to die.

Latest posts

Top Bottom