Handguns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I was surprised that it shot at all, I was stunned that the very 1st bullet hit dead center at 75 feet. I ran six mags totaling 48 rounds through it. It is time to strip it down now and clean the ****ing hell out of it.

i.imgur.com_UfkPQwg.jpg

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now for the good stuff - bath time! Look at how filthy it was. I shot it unlubed, by the way. It had a lot of **** going against it today.

Look at that rusty firing pin! Should have seen what came out of the firing pin channel when I punched it.

i.imgur.com_vALjcfm.jpg

i.imgur.com_3E4maUl.jpg

Those Bulgarians really know how to clean their weapons, don't they???

i.imgur.com_PbUHWLS.jpg

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's only one way to play it.

i.imgur.com_gopEY9y.jpg

i.imgur.com_8QYg5IB.jpg

i.imgur.com_h8MOZsX.jpg_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

Yesssss, Junior Bonner. You have the right idea!

i.imgur.com_Z0Wm1ye.jpg_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

Show me a recoil pic, Junior!

i.imgur.com_a1OfTaY.jpg

i.imgur.com_pUIaGGg.jpg_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

Don't get carried away, Junior Bonner. A Bulgarian Makarov is OK, but it's not as good as a Russian!

Last edited:

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just ordered a Bersa .380 Thunder Plus. I have been back and forth on this for months; having read many negative reviews on the gun's reliability. It looks like a 50/50 chance I'll get a decent one. Bersa is the only manufacturer I know of that makes a 15+1 in .380, and I just mainly want to have it, as opposed to carry it. I've tried all along to talk myself out of it, having read many complaints of FTFs, but I just had to have it.

The Makarov appearance and high capacity first drew my attention. But when I watched YouTube videos on the slide disassembly I saw there was nothing simple about it. There are so many safeties built into at that it is a wonder it is not too safe to fire.

At this moment I am regretting the purchase, but I had to have it - even if it turns out to be a safe queen.

i.imgur.com_I2dx42K.jpg_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don Porter gives it a good review.....

I think the Bersa BP9CC is my next pistol.

Good luck with your`s a keep us posted!

Hickock 45 also gives it a good review.

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...&ie=UTF-8#q=bersa thunder 380 review hickok45

But neither of the reviewers are shooting the double stacker. Also, disassembling that slide is nothing like stripping down a Mak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMpJHfYVafY

Edit: All of those extra safeties - including a firing pin safety, are extra things to go wrong. The only safety on my Maks is the decocker. The Mak only has 27 parts total. However, the Bersa is very close in both size and appearance. But the big enchilada is that it holds 15+1. It is used in LE throughout Argentina & South America, and has a wide civilian following where strict gun laws in some countries prohibit private gun ownership to small calibers. It is the sidearm of the Ecuadorian Air Force. But all is said and done; I have placed my order with Buds. If it shoots well, you will see it here. If it shoots like crap, you will see it here, also.

Last edited by a moderator:

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I felt like shooting today. Thought I would have a little shoot'em up between the 92A1 and the Bulgarian Circle 10. Hotter than Hell out there today. 1st up - Beretta. Still uploading pics. Distance to target - 75 feet.

i.imgur.com_3sHYAZj.jpg

i.imgur.com_X7rPiV1.jpg

i.imgur.com_Zi8YlZK.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom