Harley Davidson

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chubbs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've only ridden a R K Classic a short distance but liked the feel. To tell on myself a little: I thought that the engine mounts we're loose because it seemed like the engine was about to jump out of the frame. I was told that was normal. I really like the Street Glide. I have a couple of friends with SE Tour Glides that swear by them but I don't care for the fairing or the dual headlights.

Road Glides are the only HD with 2 headlights

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Road Glides are the only HD with 2 headlights

Nope. FXDF or Fat Bob.

aimage.motorcyclistonline.com_f_9737789_122_0710_02_z_2008_harf074f9f0c098ecf3434332a3982e83a8.jpg

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've only ridden a R K Classic a short distance but liked the feel. To tell on myself a little: I thought that the engine mounts we're loose because it seemed like the engine was about to jump out of the frame. I was told that was normal. I really like the Street Glide. I have a couple of friends with SE Tour Glides that swear by them but I don't care for the fairing or the dual headlights.

The Softails "B" engines are internally counter balanced to get rid of the low RPM vibes.
Traded an '05 Deuce for this about a year ago and although the Deuce was a great looking bike it can't touch this as far as comfort goes.
ai751.photobucket.com_albums_xx154_Moose_45_King.jpg

spyglass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just found this post and am glad there are some H-D aficianados here, 'cause I have some ?'s. I've always had Nipponese bikes ("Rice burners", as I'm constantly ragged on by some "friends") and didn't know a Softboy from a Fattail, and barely knew a Sportser from an Electric Slide, so when the chance arose to pick up a couple H-D's at good prices, I had to do some studyin'.

I discovered the only models that come with standard-position foot controls and non-raised bars are certain XL's and the Super Glide, so that's what I went after. Now, I've found a nice '03 SGlide with about 20k on the clock, but it's been converted to "easy rider" configuration with moderate hi-rise bars and attendant long cables. I checked w/HD World & found the cost for the original parts is around $500. First ? is, does anyone know if these particular used parts ever turn up anywhere, and what might interchange with what, should I run across an H-D shift lever, bars, pegs, etc, at,say, a swap meet? And 2nd, the seat on it (looks to be two separate pieces), while it looks nice, isn't anything too great....but I've seen a couple on Glides in showrooms & at Thundercycles that are much better. Do these seats, whether H-D pieces or aftermkt, generally interchange w/o much hassle?

Wd appreciate any info/input. Thx

Latest posts

Top Bottom