Harvard Student Faces Eviction(MAGA Hat)--Room Ransacked for (Legal) Guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go to snowflake college, expect to meet snowflakes.

However, good for her for standing her ground. After finals, she ought to give them fits for what they did. Maybe even make them move out.

Take them to court! Illegal search & profiling comes to my mind as possible reasons to do so.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's pretty insane. An off campus residence and they saw a MAGA hat, then searched her private property without her permission.
I'm not sure there is a law against that, but the law of respecting someone's personal space in a community space certainly comes to mind.
I wish she would have had one and they "confiscated" it. Then we have a crime.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't see anything in there about the police conducting the search.

I agree. But as dennishoddy said, they(roomies/neighbors) searched her property without her permission because they saw the MAGA hat(profiling)---that was the point I was trying to make(not very well though:o).

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree. But as dennishoddy said, they(roomies/neighbors) searched her property without her permission because they saw the MAGA hat(profiling)---that was the point I was trying to make(not very well though:o).
Ah. The charges you specified are specific to government agents (and at least the "illegal search" is grounds for exclusion of evidence in a criminal proceeding, not necessarily a lawsuit). The civil suit against a private actor would likely be in trespass (specifically, trespass to chattels, which is improperly exercising dominion over the personal property of another).

Latest posts

Top Bottom