Hated to be that guy who complains but today I had my fill....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If poor customer service impacted Walmart's bottom line then it'd change.

BuT...

If the butthurt experienced by poor service exceeds the value of the convenience and low prices available a rational consumer would choose not to go there and would instead choose to expend their resources elsewhere.

Since Walmart is the largest retailer on the planet with annual revenues that exceed the GDP's of a goodly portion of the nations on Earth it's a pretty good bet that the equation butthurt<(price+convenience) is a true statement for a typical Walmart customer.

Capitalism - such a simple concept.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If poor customer service impacted Walmart's bottom line then it'd change.

BuT...

If the butthurt experienced by poor service exceeds the value of the convenience and low prices available a rational consumer would choose not to go there and would instead choose to expend their resources elsewhere.

Since Walmart is the largest retailer on the planet with annual revenues that exceed the GDP's of a goodly portion of the nations on Earth it's a pretty good bet that the equation butthurt<(price+convenience) is a true statement for a typical Walmart customer.

Capitalism - such a simple concept.

There is no butthurt in this thread, it is a thread about poor customer service in a job that requires cusotmer service to be #1.

Again I am also a stock holder in walmart, so poor customer service has a effect on my bottom line, I expect growth in the value of my stock that I purchased and money invested in walmart, that is done by again, by providing outstanding customer service, not just low prices.

capitalism is very well understood.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1shott, You can drive over to the McAlester WM. Stay away on the first an fiftenth of every month(welfare takes over), don't go to early in the morning(since we don't have a mall, we have WM walkers who are rude, an mean), don't go after dark(thats when the really weird come out here), try to stay away during the spring months(for some reason thats when everyone shows up at WM to have family reunions in the middle of the isles). Other than those few things, its your a-typical WM!!!!

So that leaves me middle of the day, summer and fall...LOL

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no butthurt in this thread, it is a thread about poor customer service in a job that requires cusotmer service to be #1.

Again I am also a stock holder in walmart, so poor customer service has a effect on my bottom line, I expect growth in the value of my stock that I purchased and money invested in walmart, that is done by again, by providing outstanding customer service, not just low prices.

capitalism is very well understood.

In walmart's case what you say is demonstrably untrue since as stated previously they are the largest retailer with the highest revenues of any on the planet. Maybe with better CS they'd make more money but I doubt it. People who shop at walmart do it 1) because it is all they can afford or 2) because it is what they choose to afford. In one case CS is irrelevant in the other it is practically irrelevant. What else can one expect from minimum wage employees who aren't motivated enough to go out and find something better? There is truth in the old adage that you get what you pay for. Walmart simply validates that truth.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw a bumper sticker once. "walmart low wages, low morale. Always". Just remember the beatings will continue untill the moral improves.

That can also apply to Target et al.

You want gold star treatment from someone making minimum wage with no health care and not much of an employment future who gets griped at day after day? Dream on brother. :)

A) Wal-Mart doesn't pay minimum wage.
B) They actually had very good health insurance when I was there. $500 deductible was $45/mo for me 2005-2007.
C) So you're saying you wouldn't hire someone based on the fact that they worked at Wal-Mart at one time?

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me I dont like to go to walmart since they cut out so many of the handicapped parking spots. I know that was done by walmart not anyone at the stores. But I will say this and bet I am correct .... A HAPPY CUSTOMER SPENDS MORE MONEY.

trollkepr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me I dont like to go to walmart since they cut out so many of the handicapped parking spots.

It is clear you have never developed any property. Wal-Mart has absolutely no control over how many handicapped spots there are. It is controlled by local and state law. Different types of businesses have a different percentage of their parking spots to be used for handicapped parking.

trollkepr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That can also apply to Target et al.

Target? My friend was just let go from Target along with 5 other people who were all hired just less than a year ago. He always had good evaluations and never had any trouble with bosses. The real reason is they didn't want to have to give them medical benefits.

This week I just happened to talk to two Wal-Mart employees asking them why all publicity about unhappy employees. She said she liked working for them and had for 4 years. She did wish she had dental insurance (Medicare and medicaid also do not cover dental) and that there was no fee for insurance but she said if you compare with other retail companies it is cheaper for better coverage.

I am a person who always talks to everyone in stores and am very pleasant. It is actually a hobby to see how people react. I always get told 'Hello' at the cash register. I often tell people to not take me to the thing I was looking for but to just tell me what aisle it is on. There are less employees to help people in the main part of the store but that is happening at all stores. Especially the box hardware stores. Wal-Mart is cheaper but they do not just offer lesser quality stuff. They are at least 50 cents cheaper per item for the exact same product at more expensive stores. I suspect that people who always find bad service at businesses are themselves not happy and spread their unhappiness around. There are always bad apples in every chain but have you contacted the HQ with real problems and names? With Wal-Mart will followup.

Latest posts

Top Bottom