My wife got fired today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife has worked for her job since 2004! She started as a data entry clerk and worked her way up to financial director. She was currently the deputy director. She has never been written up and has been given employee of the month numerous times. They called her in today about 30 minutes before 5 and gave her a letter stating they were terminating her employment and that since they are “at will” they didn’t need a reason. My wife asked what she did to deserve being fired and the guy just says “it doesn’t matter it ain’t gonna change anything”. It is a tribe. She is white so there are a lot of Indians that hate her guts because of her race. I am sickened by this and don’t know what we are going to do. I don’t make nearly enough to support us. And she can’t find a job making close to what she did with the benefits she had. And we will lose her good blue cross insurance. I can add her to mine but it’s expensive and our insurance sucks. So now we are a new statistic. Please say a prayer for us if you would. Hopefully she can find something good that she will be happy with and we don’t lose everything we have.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So sorry buddy. Getting axed sucks. You get this feeling of despair like you are unwanted, especially when you devote your life and loyalty to a company for 16 years. My father used to say, "son, when they're sick of you, they're sick of you. Nothing you can do or say will change their minds."

I pray that she finds gainful employment soon. Tell her to keep her chin up. Ya'll will get through this.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife has worked for her job since 2004! She started as a data entry clerk and worked her way up to financial director. She was currently the deputy director. She has never been written up and has been given employee of the month numerous times. They called her in today about 30 minutes before 5 and gave her a letter stating they were terminating her employment and that since they are “at will” they didn’t need a reason. My wife asked what she did to deserve being fired and the guy just says “it doesn’t matter it ain’t gonna change anything”. It is a tribe. She is white so there are a lot of Indians that hate her guts because of her race. I am sickened by this and don’t know what we are going to do. I don’t make nearly enough to support us. And she can’t find a job making close to what she did with the benefits she had. And we will lose her good blue cross insurance. I can add her to mine but it’s expensive and our insurance sucks. So now we are a new statistic. Please say a prayer for us if you would. Hopefully she can find something good that she will be happy with and we don’t lose everything we have.

Dang. Sorry to hear about this . . . working for a tribe isn't something I'd ever consider for this exact reason. Way too many politics involved.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And if anyone has any connections to a good job in the medical field my wife is looking! I can give you all her info. Or she can do business stuff too.

www.usajobs.gov . . . depending on what she can do there might be something of interest.

Mitchell Consulting hires a bunch of contractors who work for the Indian Health Service. That's how a lot of non-Indians get on and avoid dealing with Indian preference hiring issues.

Latest posts

Top Bottom