Have never owned a Sig

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bit of followup on the SIG 1911 - had it back to the range today for a bit more break in. It's a 1911 Ultra, 3.3" barrel in .45ACP, up to nearly 500 rounds now without a glitch, firing an assortment of ball (Winchester, Remington, Magtech, PMC, Federal American Eagle, all 230gr. FMJ), and finished off with a couple of mags of Hornady Custom 200 gr. JHP just to make sure it wouldn't balk at hollow points.

The more I fired this gun, the bigger my smile got. Operationally it's every bit as sweet as my Sig P232. I was initially concerned about the recoil in this short of a barrel, but it's certainly no worse than shooting .45 Colt from my 4-5/8" barrel Blackhawk. Was also a little concerned about comfort level of the checkered front strap but that also turned out not to be a problem.

So - back to the original poster, if you're at all fond of 1911 style pistols this one's small enough to easily carry at just under 7" long, 5" high, and right at 7/8" thick at the slide and 1-1/4" thick at the bottom of the grips. It weights about 1-3/4 pounds loaded, and at the moment is nestled into a DeSantis Sof-Tuck 106 with not quite 1/4" of barrel exposed at the bottom. Hope it helps!

scalawag pimp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first gun that I ever bought in 1978 was a Browning BDA in 45ACP. Match accurate and 100% reliable. Still have it (and it's original box). Never used it for a "carry gun" but wanted to so in 2002 (or 03?) I bought another SIG P220. Great gun. Like it's older sibling the BDA, it is match accurate and 100% reliable.

Huge fan. My SIGs exceed my expectations for a handgun.

Let me know if u ever want to sell the bda. The original bda 's story is very interesting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom