Have you ever had a good "boss"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was fortunate to have excellent bosses during most of my working years with only two exceptions in the list. The good ones were Gunny Pruitte, USMC; Mr. Theodore Roosevelt London (Mr. London), BS, RRT {My Favorite: Director, Respiratory Therapy Dept./Syosset Hospital on Long Island, NY} He is an educated, reserved, highly intelligent person whose very nature inspired excellence from those who worked with and for him because they didn’t want to disappoint him. He was an astute mentor and a natural leader who was perceptive, systematic, organized and engaged with everything within his domain. However, the man would listen to his employees and could change to improve processes based on logic, efficiency and demonstrated results. I worked for him from 1971 to 1975 advancing from trainee to head supervisor at the start of my third year. After this, I worked weekend/nights from 1976 to 1977 because he needed coverage and couldn’t find a suitable person. I’ve maintained contact with him over the years. He was 92 years old last year and can hardly speak, anymore He is a black man who I revere with the same love and respect as if he was my father…..
Didn't know there was another RRT here, although I actually do something else now. I still have to maintain the RRT to do Clinical Documentation Integrity (all my coworkers are RNs) and it's nice to have it to fall back on.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had some good ones, both military and civilian world. I quit a job of 12 years, 2 years ago, mainly due to crappy management (and partially my own issues). When I started at that job in 2010, it was probably the best job I've ever had, which was the belief many coworkers held; within 5-7 years, we had an almost complete mid to higher up change and almost no one was happy there. Its a shame what damage a few a**kissers and their lackeys can do in a hurry!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had some good leaders in the Marine Corps. I respect and value my current boss, who is one of the better ones I've had over my working career. I wish I could say the same about those above him. Sadly, I cannot. :(

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All of my career I had good bosses. Except for 1 and she was a nightmare. I hated going to work with her and then she got promoted to another division. I worked for her I think 2 years. 2 years of hell

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought I had a good boss but he took care of himself before the workers who made him look good. He wrote himself up for a pay raise and neglected the rest of us so I retired early. And I'm the one that went to the higher ups and recommended him for his position but he never knew that because I never told him.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All of my career I had good bosses. Except for 1 and she was a nightmare. I hated going to work with her and then she got promoted to another division. I worked for her I think 2 years. 2 years of hell
I know what you mean, I worked for a female that no one could do well in her sight. She neglected the people that made her look good, I couldn't reason with her and she eventually was fired. No one liked her and she was a she demon. She created a LOT of stress and I still carry some of that today after 25 years ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom