HB1652 Passes; SoonerPoll shows why Open Carry won't pass a popular vote.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love how they phrase things, too... like apparently "campus carry" is CCW licensees leaving their lawfully-owned and carried weapons off their person and in their locked vehicles, thus no longer forcing them to commute to and from home without the advent of their lawfully-protected right to self-defense.

When you say "campus carry", people automatically conjure up images of weapons being brandished in classrooms on the teachers. It's just ridiculous the amount of brainwashing we have allowed in this country these days. :(

The best part is that SoonerPoll generally words their questions to yield "conservative" biased results.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love how they phrase things, too... like apparently "campus carry" is CCW licensees leaving their lawfully-owned and carried weapons off their person and in their locked vehicles, thus no longer forcing them to commute to and from home without the advent of their lawfully-protected right to self-defense.

When you say "campus carry", people automatically conjure up images of weapons being brandished in classrooms on the teachers. It's just ridiculous the amount of brainwashing we have allowed in this country these days. :(

This. Bias is frequently built into polls simply by how the question is phrased. Besides, everyone knows that 84% of those who don't own a phone and 92% of those who are smart enough to not answer the phone when they see a number they don't recognize agree that "campus carry" is a good idea! :D

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=336&articleid=20110525_336_0_OLHMIY932216

Fallin signs CareerTech guns bill

OKLAHOMA CITY – Gov. Mary Fallin on Wednesday signed a measure that would allow those with conceal carry permits to leave weapons in locked vehicles on CareerTech parking lots.

House Bill 1652, by Rep. John Enns, R-Enid, and Sen. Steve Russell, R-Oklahoma City, becomes effective Nov. 1.

Tulsa Technology Center Superintendent Kara Gae Neal opposed the measure and urged Fallin to veto it.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

I see a court challenge, given the stridency of the opposition.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=336&articleid=20110525_336_0_OLHMIY932216

Fallin signs CareerTech guns bill

OKLAHOMA CITY – Gov. Mary Fallin on Wednesday signed a measure that would allow those with conceal carry permits to leave weapons in locked vehicles on CareerTech parking lots.

House Bill 1652, by Rep. John Enns, R-Enid, and Sen. Steve Russell, R-Oklahoma City, becomes effective Nov. 1.

Tulsa Technology Center Superintendent Kara Gae Neal opposed the measure and urged Fallin to veto it.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

I see a court challenge, given the stridency of the opposition.

A victory for common sense. Good on Gov. Fallon.

If it comes to trial, hopefully it will generate bad publicity for opponents.

I'd love to see lots of coverage of Career Tech administrators saying "the sky is falling", then have them lose the case. Nothing bad happening at all would greatly lower their credibility and ability to effectively oppose restoration of other second amendment aspects.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A victory for common sense. Good on Gov. Fallon.

If it comes to trial, hopefully it will generate bad publicity for opponents.

I'd love to see lots of coverage of Career Tech administrators saying "the sky is falling", then have them lose the case. Nothing bad happening at all would greatly lower their credibility and ability to effectively oppose restoration of other second amendment aspects.

Except you'll be paying for legal representation for both sides.

jmwilliamson

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't completely understand why the state is allowing concealed carry on tech center campuses and not other college campuses. To me, it seems like we should either legalize both or not legalize either one.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
They DIDN'T legalize carry on tech center campuses. They deceivingly worded the article.

They legalized car-carry on tech campuses, so CHL holders can leave their carry weapon in their vehicle on campus. This was already legal on College campuses.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
They DIDN'T legalize carry on tech center campuses. They deceivingly worded the article.

They legalized car-carry on tech campuses, so CHL holders can leave their carry weapon in their vehicle on campus. This was already legal on College campuses.

This is the key to demonizing any kind of gun legislation... make it seem as if there will be blood in the streets and shootouts on every corner regardless of the actual intent of the law.

Latest posts

Top Bottom