Heartland Match 3rd Sunday, April 18th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Mitch and Rusty,

if you guys would have stuck around another 30 minutes you both were drawn for a $50 gift card. Jeremy, Cole, Mine and Scott, are glad you left;)

Well, it would have been nice to have been able to stay til the end. However, when the match director doesn't show up til 6:05 and we don't start shooting til 6:45, we had to get back to things we had planned.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, it would have been nice to have been able to stay til the end. However, when the match director doesn't show up til 6:05 and we don't start shooting til 6:45, we had to get back to things we had planned.

David's wife had a mild stroke an hour before the match. He had to rush her to the hospital. If thst damn insurance form wasn't so long he would have made it on time.b That was unfortunate timing on her part. She is alright now. We should start on time next month. I'll have a sign in sheet and score sheets ready to go at 5:15ish.

I was just kidding about davids wife. She is fine as far as I know. I was just trying to make Mitch feel bad.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a good time. Thanks for putting this on. I thought I shot better than the score card shows, o well room for improvement. And I learned that cleaning the M&P once every 1000+ rounds isn't good enough! Will be looking forward for the next one!

It pays to wait around and help clean up, literally.

Good to see you guys & gals again and meet a some new ones.

Thanks!

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope everyone enjoyed the match.

Doing a surprise stage, much less a flashlight-only stage, was taking a chance. I think most everyone did pretty well on it. And for all but a handful of shooters, this was the first time they ever fired a gun using a flashlight for target illumination.

However, I was reminded why I haven't put on a surprise stage for 20 yrs......they take awhile to do !

I'm already getting stages in mind for next month. They will be challenging, yet quicker to do, making sure everyone gets out at a reasonable time.

I want to thank Jesse for putting on the two stages on the right and for keeping score. Great job, Jesse !
:clap3:
I also want to thank Shannon and Mike Cyrwus for helping me out bigtime with the flashlight stage. :thumbup3:

Finally, I want to thank everyone who stayed until the end and helped clean up. They got free brass and 4 of them won a Heartland Outdoors certificate worth FIFTY DOLLARS EACH. :ooh2:

Hope to see everyone next month !

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I think I may use my $50 gift certificate towards that STI Edge....or primers. I enjoyed the match and shot the snubby ok, just went brain dead on stage 2. It was fun to shoot something I normally don't at other matches. The dark stage was fun too even if it did take a while.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought I woudl post up some more IDPA rules as I think al of us have a little to learn in that category. I am pretty sure David got two 5 second penalties for Hits on No Shoot Targets. If those were on the same no shoot a target it should have only been one 5 second penalty and he would have moved up one spot in the standings.

The FTN is an interesting penalty because it is different than the USPSA or 3 gun rules we see here at the OKC matches.

PC 1. Failure To Do Right (FTDR):
A. Adds twenty (20) seconds to total score.
B. Is assessed for any attempt to circumvent or compromise
the spirit or rationale of any stage by the use of inappropriate devices, equipment or techniques.
C. Is assessed for unsportsmanlike conduct, unfair actions, or the use of illegal equipment, which, in the opinion of the MD, tends to make a travesty of the defensive shooting sport. This will result in an FTDR or DQ from the entire match at the discretion of the MD. Repeated offenses reported to the AC or HQ can result in having membership revoked.
D. Examples: (Non-inclusive list)
1. Firing extra rounds so that you may reload at a more convenient time.
2. Purposely committing a procedural error because your score will be better even with the penalty
3. Not reloading to fire one more round because your score will be better even with the miss.

PP 1. Procedural Error (PE):
A. Adds three (3) seconds per infraction.
B. Is assessed when the competitor does not follow the procedures set forth in the CoF description or when a competitor breaks a competition rule. Only one (1) PE is assessed for each type of infraction in a string of fire. If the shooter does more than one type of infraction, such as using the wrong specified hand AND fire an incorrect number of shots, a separate PE is assessed for each type of infraction.
Examples:
a. The competitor’s foot touches the ground beyond the side of the barricade on Stage 3 of the Classifier. One (1) PE is assessed regardless of the number of shots fired.
b. The competitor fails to retain ammo when a tacload/RWR is specified. (See Appendix TWO-Approved IDPA Reloads-Malfunction Clearing Exception.)
c. The competitor fails to perform a reload when specified in a CoF.
d. The competitor shoots from a stationary position when the CoF specifies shots are to be fired while moving.
One PE is assessed regardless of the number of shots fired.
e. The competitor fires a “double tap” which is two (2) rapid consecutive shots on the same target when the CoF specifies that targets are to be engaged with one shot each, and then re-engaged for a total of two (2) hits per target.
f. The competitor uses both hands when the CoF specifies that the shots are to be fired strong-hand only or weakhand only.
g. The competitor shoots targets out of tactical sequence.
h. The competitor prematurely starts. An example of this would be moving the shooting hand toward the gun between the standby command and the start signal.
i. The competitor fires extra shots on Limited Vickers scored stages. Tape over one (1) of the highest scoring hits for each extra shot fired and assess one (1) procedural penalty per string of fire regardless of the number of extra shots fired.
j. The competitor airguns and/or takes a sight picture.
k. The competitor makes improper use of cover. (See
glossary for definition of “cover”.)
l. The competitor does not respond to “muzzle” or “finger” commands.
m. The competitor does not follow CoF rules as required.
n. Any time a loaded ammunition feeding device (magazine, speedloader or full moon clip) is dropped from the carrier during a course of fire.

PP 2. Hits on a Non-Threat Target (HNT):
A. Will result in a single five (5) second penalty assessed per non-threat target hit. If the competitor has more than one hit on a particular non-threat target, ONLY a single five (5) second penalty will be assessed for that target. However, multiple non-threat targets hit will incur one (1) penalty for
each target.

PP 3. Failure-to-Neutralize (FTN):
A. Will add five (5) seconds per infraction. This penalty applies to any target that does not have at least one (1) four zone (minus 1) or higher value hit. See Appendix NINETarget-Scoring Zones for further clarification. Failure to
neutralize penalties ONLY applies when standard Vickers Count scoring is used and the target(s) do not completely disappear.
B. Does NOT apply to Limited Vickers scoring or to permanently disappearing targets.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am pretty sure David got two 5 second penalties for Hits on No Shoot Targets. If those were on the same no shoot a target it should have only been one 5 second penalty and he would have moved up one spot in the standings.

Soooooooooooo, what you're saying is........I really beat Ol Yeller ?

(actually, it was he who had the two no-shoot hits, I only had the one, presuming there were no scoring errors or mixed up score sheets. I will say, I've not seen someone laugh so hard at shooting a no-shoot twice!)

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Soooooooooooo, what you're saying is........I really beat Ol Yeller ?

(actually, it was he who had the two no-shoot hits, I only had the one, presuming there were no scoring errors or mixed up score sheets. I will say, I've not seen someone laugh so hard at shooting a no-shoot twice!)

It was Ol Yeller that gets one no shoot back. That means that he won Low Cap Division. New results are attatched. I hope to have this scoring down by next match.

Attachments

• 4-18-10 Heartland Outdoors Score Sheet.pdf
    19.2 KB · Views: 209

Latest posts

Top Bottom