HELL YEAH. Bin Laden is DEAD. Yes thats right DEAD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't wait for the book and movie. Who will play Osama???

Mel Gibson

alatimesblogs_latimes_com__a_6a00d8341c630a53ef01156f61a708970c_pi_.jpg

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, I also saw that quote on reddit.

Lots of quote borrowing going on today on the innerwebz. And yes, I wasted too much time reading it to know that. Bin Laden's death killed my productivity for today. Terrorist bastard.

Does Clinton deserve credit for Vicki Weaver?

Oh God LC you did not just bring up Ruby Ridge in a 25 page thread on OSA...

...I'm not even that cruel. Oh the huge manatee.

ETA: It was there at one time. Seems to have been eated.

ETA2: Pretend it wasn't there. Whoever eated it had our best interests in mind. Trust me.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of quote borrowing going on today on the innerwebz. And yes, I wasted too much time reading it to know that. Bin Laden's death killed my productivity for today. Terrorist bastard.

Oh God LC you did not just bring up Ruby Ridge in a 25 page thread on OSA...

...I'm not even that cruel. Oh the huge manatee.

ETA: It was there at one time. Seems to have been eated.

There are 4 ninjas in your bedroom.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this one is a fav

Originally Posted by shel90 View Post
The Navy SEALs should get the biggest applaud and credit.
SEALs don't want it nor care for it. that's why they're SEALs, not politicians
JIRO

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They're cheering in Dearborn Too

(Reuters) - At the lunch counters in Dearborn, Michigan on Monday the talk was all about the death of Osama bin Laden.

"It's the best thing that has happened," said Sam Elhaf, 44, who was just leaving Joe's Top Dog Coney Island. "Everyone is celebrating."

Dearborn, a middle-class suburb of Detroit, has emerged as a symbol for Islam in America over the past decade as an established Lebanese-American community was joined by more recent arrivals from Iraq and elsewhere.

The city, which reported a 30 percent Arab American population in the 2000 census, includes the largest mosque in the United States as well as the headquarters of automaker Ford Motor Co. Demographic figures from the 2010 census are not yet available.

Ben Nia, 56, captured the mood of quiet relief in a city of about 100,000 with the densest Arab population in the United States.

"I'm very happy," Nia said. "He was ruining the name of Islam."

The CIA has advertised with billboards and in newspaper advertisements in a bid to recruit Arabic speakers here. Blocks along Warren Avenue in Dearborn feature almost as many signs in Arabic as in English.

On Sunday night, cars drove up that business strip honking their horns, witnesses said.

In 2006, Iraqi expatriates rallied on the same street to mark the execution of Saddam Hussein with an impromptu street party.

Hussein Shukr, a 21-year-old Dearborn resident and nursing student, said he posted an Internet message Sunday night saying, "Osama's dead. Party at my house. Woo Hoo."

Shukr and about 10 friends and family members gathered at his house to watch President Barack Obama's announcement

"We're all excited and we're thankful and really happy with what Obama said yesterday," Shukr said. "When he said it's not a war against Islam, we all cheered."

But Majed Moughni, a 40-year-old Dearborn attorney who on the eve of September 11 last year burned an effigy of bin Laden in his backyard, said he was worried about reprisals because of the killing of the al Qaeda leader.

"It's a double-edged sword," Moughni said. "I am happy that he is gone, but I'm terrified of the consequences of what his people are going to do in response."

The Council on American Islamic Relations, a Washington-based advocacy and civil liberties group, released a statement welcoming the death of bin Laden at the hands of American commandos in Pakistan, saying he "never represented Muslims or Islam."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/02/us-binladen-usa-arabamericans-idUSTRE7417L320110502

Latest posts

Top Bottom