Hello All

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sethk

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, here I am. Let me get this out of the way: I currently do not possess any firearms. I technically do do own a semiautomatic 10 gauge shotgun, though I don't recall anything about the make and model and haven't shot it in a decade or so, but I presume it's still out at my folks house. I did in fact grow up with a healthy respect for and experience with guns (in rural central Oklahoma: Cashion phone number, Deer Creek water, and a Guthrie address). Before my 10 gauge I shot a 20 gauge and a 410 before that. A 25-06 was my designated rifle when my dad was shooting it's big brother. I never did any big game hunting myself, though I would tag along with my dad on deer hunts when I was little and bagged my share of ducks and rabbits (plus a ton of cowbirds and sparrows with my break-barrel RWS air rifle).

I've been seriously considering delving back into the shooting world and have been researching firearms that would be a good fit for me. Honestly, I'm not interested in firearms for home defense (at least not for spontaneous use for home invasions and the like). Mostly, I'm looking for a setup that will give me the chance to partake in some recreational shooting and also provide some survivalist security. I've joined this forum because there is only so much one can gain from Googling gun reviews and listings. I'd much rather be able to have dynamic interaction with those in my community who have more and more recent experience than I do.

So, thanks for reading this and I look forward to some fulfilling discussion and research.

Latest posts

Top Bottom