Hello and looking for information

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If that was in 2011, it got up to almost 110* that summer too lol. I remember the cold morning, my starter went out on my truck that morning lol.

It wasn't the 110 peak temp that was the issue. It was the 100+ for 40+ days and walking outside onto your porch at 3AM and it was still over 100.

Edit: OK it was 51 days over 100 and wasn't quite consecutive. But still.........

https://www.weather.gov/oun/climate-okc-heatwave

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It wasn't the 110 peak temp that was the issue. It was the 100+ for 40+ days and walking outside onto your porch at 3AM and it was still over 100.

Oh I remember it well. It still cooled off at night here but months of 100+ and we were begging for dew in the mornings even.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Edit: OK it was 51 days over 100 and wasn't quite consecutive. But still.........

https://www.weather.gov/oun/climate-okc-heatwave
I remember that year. I didn't want to walk across the pasture; I was afraid the friction from my boots would spark a fire in the dry grass, and the entire county would go up in flames.

I remember I saw a cloud, and jumped in the pickup to go get under the shade. Turned out the cloud was across the country line, and the Sheriff had set up a check point at the border.
He was checking IDs, and only people that lived in the county could get under the shade of the cloud.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can tell you from a guy that moved here in 1978 with no intensions of staying, its a pretty good place to live. I moved here from VA. and other than being too far from family, have never regretted it. I hired in the ,then Conoco ,Refinery in 1980 and retired this year. You couldn't pay me to move back to Va.. It is turning into Commiefonia of the East. Good luck on moving here. I think you'll like it here and the people here are very friendly.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
OKC is a large city with a small town way of life. Traffic rush hours are really not bad at all as compared to DFW area in Texas. Speaking of Texas if you move here you have to develop a hatred for UT.
a90af90c9c526f5cf04e692bc31d12f7.jpg

The_Gregors

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of hating UT.... I was born in Lubbock, Reece AFB, but in my defense we PCS’d out by the time I was 1 year old. Have not lived in TX since. Should I keep this dark secret hidden or is it ok to say that you once read the word Texas on a map?

Latest posts

Top Bottom