Help decide for optic on AR out to 1,000 yds..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you guys. I’m going to take your advice and look up to the 6-25x power. I’ve owned a Vortex PST G2 in the past but only spot 200yds with it before I sold the rifle to help with a funeral expense. I have looked through a friend Vortex Razor but that optic is out of my price range. Looks like I’ll be taking a look at the Arken and Busnell line too.
Thanks again for the direction and help

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ended up catching a Vortex Venom 5-25x56 on sale on Amazon and picked it up to try out, I’m pleased with it.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read up on this 6arc idea last night. Definitely curious, I love the concept/platform behind the round. I hope you’re planning on making more posts about the build and results later on…

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you have a chance to get out and look through scopes go to academy and look at some.
Look through the Redfield 6-24x50 and then grab a Vortex with high power and look through it and take note of how close or far away your eye needs to be and see if moving sideways a tick makes the scope black out or allows you to still have some sight picture.

Crank them up to 20 power and adjust and see if eye box and eye relief and clarity is still tolerable.

CrappieSlayer44

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Must be a dozen new ranges that go out to 1k just opened up. What I would tell myself.... if exactly how much shooting are you going to do out to 1k yards..... most likely very little. Hawke optics are good for the money.... as would be Vortex. Check with Natchez shooters supply I believe they have Hawke on sale right now.

You have much experience shooting that far?

Latest posts

Top Bottom