"Help" for what exactly?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BP and others get in to the "green" ventures to get your tax dollars, just like they do with ethanol.
Ooops, almost forgot to add

Somehow you always neglect to mention the subsidies the commercial nuclear power industry receives from government.
Commercial nuclear power couldn't even exist without the ongoing help they receive from the US government.

Those are the GOOD subsidies tho, they promote YOUR agenda.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like you have your story and you're sticking to it. No matter what the facts are. :)
I get my "facts" the same way as everybody else. I don't have the time or the means to go to Spain and investigate.
Spain is proceeding with solar power. Their economy is messed up for lots of Other reasons, which I won't go into.
Saudi Arabia is building solar capacity quickly and THAT is the bidness BP wants in on. (Turns out, SA is one of the best places in the world to produce solar power. It's a kick in the head aint it?)
Spain's "green" power was a disaster, google it and you will not be disappointed.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/24/AR2009062403012.html

http://michellemalkin.com/2009/04/13/spains-green-jobs-boondoggle/

You are doing the exact same thing you accuse the greenies of:
Bending the facts in order to make them fit your political agenda.
I try not to.
Ooops, almost forgot to add

Somehow you always neglect to mention the subsidies the commercial nuclear power industry receives from government.
Commercial nuclear power couldn't even exist without the ongoing help they receive from the US government.

Those are the GOOD subsidies tho, they promote YOUR agenda.

First they strangle the nuclear industry with ridiculous regulations and refusals to license and then their lobbyists get some money back most likely after generous contributions to key politicians. A mess.
I know that SA is preparing to build nukes for electricity. Even they cannot waste valuable oil for electricity. I have no idea why it makes sense for them to use solar, or where they will use it, they do have a lot of sunshine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom