Help me decide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonny74

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of you might have read my thread about my limited gun and rig got stolen and it will take me a while to replace my limited setup. In the mean time, I might able to come up with some cash to get a gun for lim-10/production. I'm thinking about getting a .40 to shoot in lim-10 and load minor load .40 to shoot in production. I've shoot the S&W M&P last year so I want to try something different. These are what I have in mind so far.

Glock 35
XD 40 tactical
Taurus 24/7 OSS

Please give me your opinions on these and any other recommendations.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had some glocks and xds but I really like the cz. I am sure you would do well with glock or xd but I don't see anyone competing with the taurus. Might be fine though, I just have not seen it.

rockon71385

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not even close.

Get the Glock, Son.

+1 Whatever

The glock is your ticket. Super reliable, super accurate, SUPER easy to find parts and accessories for. You can spend a few bucks on some mag extensions that make the G35 hi-cap mags go to the 140mm limit for limited and skip L10 all together if you feel like it. The XD is viable in production, but you don't see many in limited. The taurus is going to be hard to find parts for.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are more than welcome to borrow my xd-9 tac for production, or my para p-16 for lim 10 or limited. Or to just shoot them to see if you like either of them. Heck, you can shoot my sv in limited when i'm not.

Now, when you go to buy a replacement... I'd prob just buy the glock 35 for prod, lim, and lim 10.

sonny74

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys for your opinions. I'm pretty much set my mind on the G35 now. Thanks paul0731 for your offer. I might have to try out your sv gun sometime. That's something I'm thinking about for my future setup.

Latest posts

Top Bottom