Help - P226 re-assembly bone-head move

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel like I'm batting 1000 this week after losing my trust paperwork, but apparently I topped this by taking down my Sig P226 Combat to clean after a day at the range and put the locking insert in with the Trigger Pivot upside down.

It slid in finger-tight with no issue until right at the end and I realized what I had done wrong, but my brain didn't tell me to stop until I had pushed it all the way down - now its stuck and I've tried just about everything I've got to get it out and have had no luck.

Anyone ever do this and figure out an easy way to fix their mistake? I really don't want to scratch this gun and with the week I'm having, I'd rather not have an expensive boat anchor.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Never mind - I fixed it. Just had to get a little firm with it, and have someone push down on the trigger bar.

Man, I was starting to sweat there.

Next time!!!!! Only basic cleaning!!!!! Oh Man I was rolling when I read your original post, more laughing with you than at you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom