Help with suggested scope and mount for 17 HMR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
fun :)

doubt they would let my 17 hmr into a 22lr match.

my use is putting holes in paper for now, maybe varmints given opportunity, and just me becoming more accurate, and learning to adjust to wind, bullet drop etc.

My bad, for some reason I read it as 22lr when I saw Tikka T1x. A 20moa rail will bring you closer to the bottom of your elevation but you shouldn’t need it if you’re shooting inside 100 yards. Not knowing your max distance makes it difficult to give solid advice.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your a vortex guy I won't try and sway you away from that viper. I would suggest calling Doug at Cameraland NY and telling him your budget and what your looking for. He will hook you up on a scope and rings. Here is an Athlon and rings in your budget in mil.

Personally I don't know anyone that has ever complained and said man I just bought too much scope. I wish I would have paid less. So don't worry about that. More money is going to be better glass. If you shooting paper 17hmr makes a tiny hole unless your using reflective targets. Even the hits on steel aren't much to see.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My bad, for some reason I read it as 22lr when I saw Tikka T1x. A 20moa rail will bring you closer to the bottom of your elevation but you shouldn’t need it if you’re shooting inside 100 yards. Not knowing your max distance makes it difficult to give solid advice.
Around me, 100 yards. I’d like to go farther than that eventually. 250-300 seems about max.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the price of the rail I would probably buy one. I’m unsure how much elevation travel a viper scope has and you may want to stretch it further every once and a while. You may also want to look into a KRG Bravo stock for that Tikka. I didn’t like the factory stock on my T3 CTR at all.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did forget. I have a Nikon pro staff 4x16x50 bdc. I bought when sportsman’s warehouse was going out of biz in Amarillo a few years ago. Found it in the top of my closet. Guess I’ll throw that thing on first. Then go from there. May be crap, but I already have it. I should scope my cz 452 finally. I’ve shot it iron sight since I bought it new.

Latest posts

Top Bottom