1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Help with suggested scope and mount for 17 HMR

Discussion in 'Rimfire Weapons' started by El Pablo, Jan 12, 2021.

1. El Pablo

El Pablo Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    HoLeChit likes this.
  2. Jcann

Jcann Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    My bad, for some reason I read it as 22lr when I saw Tikka T1x. A 20moa rail will bring you closer to the bottom of your elevation but you shouldn’t need it if you’re shooting inside 100 yards. Not knowing your max distance makes it difficult to give solid advice.

3. Glock 40

Glock 40 Problem Solver

Rating
    100%
    If your a vortex guy I won't try and sway you away from that viper. I would suggest calling Doug at Cameraland NY and telling him your budget and what your looking for. He will hook you up on a scope and rings. Here is an Athlon and rings in your budget in mil.

Personally I don't know anyone that has ever complained and said man I just bought too much scope. I wish I would have paid less. So don't worry about that. More money is going to be better glass. If you shooting paper 17hmr makes a tiny hole unless your using reflective targets. Even the hits on steel aren't much to see.

4. El Pablo

El Pablo Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Around me, 100 yards. I’d like to go farther than that eventually. 250-300 seems about max.

5. retrieverman

retrieverman Sharpshooter

I have older Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14 scopes on both my 17hmr’s.:anyone:

6. Jcann

Jcann Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    For the price of the rail I would probably buy one. I’m unsure how much elevation travel a viper scope has and you may want to stretch it further every once and a while. You may also want to look into a KRG Bravo stock for that Tikka. I didn’t like the factory stock on my T3 CTR at all.

7. El Pablo

El Pablo Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I did forget. I have a Nikon pro staff 4x16x50 bdc. I bought when sportsman’s warehouse was going out of biz in Amarillo a few years ago. Found it in the top of my closet. Guess I’ll throw that thing on first. Then go from there. May be crap, but I already have it. I should scope my cz 452 finally. I’ve shot it iron sight since I bought it new.