HERC Tea Light Candle Oven

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmmm ... we have a Coleman. That solostove is intriguing ... I think I need to start saving my pennies ... I'll post a review after I get one of these HERC stoves and let you know how it goes ...

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Personally I think that you a far better off with just a fire pit, some cast iron (which you'll likely have anyway) and a garage sale "camping" coffee pot in a SHTF scenario. You can have a fire pit anywhere and you don't have to pack it. I like your oven in the O/P better than this overpriced thing, but it's pretty pricey too.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Personally I think that you a far better off with just a fire pit, some cast iron (which you'll likely have anyway) and a garage sale "camping" coffee pot in a SHTF scenario. You can have a fire pit anywhere and you don't have to pack it. I like your oven in the O/P better than this overpriced thing, but it's pretty pricey too.

Haven't done a lot of winter backpacking have ya?

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well that looks pretty cool! I wonder if you could make your own??

Lots of easy ways to make your own. I have a really well equipped fab shop so making something like that for me is easy. I didn't always have the toys I have now, and you can work wonders with a pair of tin snips, a vise or some big pliers, a drill and some pop rivets. You can get the pop rivet tool and rivets at harbor freight very cheaply. You can take a couple of heavier pieces of steel like angle iron and clamp your this metal between them and make longer bends that look like professionally done bends. You can buy aluminum flashing at the home stores or you can repurpose material from old appliances and other sources. a couple of sheets of aluminum flashing with some fiberglass insulation between them would make a pretty good oven in my opinion. I have built several camping ovens over the years, and given most of them away. Two of them are still in use after about 15 years. One was like the coleman oven which sits over your camp stove burner. the rest had their own burners, most salvaged from old portable grills, and a couple that I made from thin wall conduit, which is great for making pipe burners. replacement grill burners are pretty cheap and much easier than trying to make your own. This tea candle powered oven intrigues me. I may have to build one just cause...

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of easy ways to make your own. I have a really well equipped fab shop so making something like that for me is easy. I didn't always have the toys I have now, and you can work wonders with a pair of tin snips, a vise or some big pliers, a drill and some pop rivets. You can get the pop rivet tool and rivets at harbor freight very cheaply. You can take a couple of heavier pieces of steel like angle iron and clamp your this metal between them and make longer bends that look like professionally done bends. You can buy aluminum flashing at the home stores or you can repurpose material from old appliances and other sources. a couple of sheets of aluminum flashing with some fiberglass insulation between them would make a pretty good oven in my opinion. I have built several camping ovens over the years, and given most of them away. Two of them are still in use after about 15 years. One was like the coleman oven which sits over your camp stove burner. the rest had their own burners, most salvaged from old portable grills, and a couple that I made from thin wall conduit, which is great for making pipe burners. replacement grill burners are pretty cheap and much easier than trying to make your own. This tea candle powered oven intrigues me. I may have to build one just cause...
and post up some pic's and how much it cost you to build and time and all the specks. Please

Latest posts

Top Bottom