Hey Cowbaby

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can't reload jack schitt in any caliber at todays component price for .28¢/round

That was a stupid post

Not if you are buying components today, but who and why do they even bother buying primers for hundreds a brick, it is ignorant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not if you are buying components today, but who and why do they even bother buying primers for hundreds a brick, it is ignorant

I remember having to run to Academy on a Friday and getting small rifle primers to finish off a 1000 round loading of 556 for a class that following Saturday, griping I just paid 4.99/Brick of 100 when my PV shipment of 5k was delayed and I am an impatient bassturd.

I seen a Armslist listing for 25 dollars/per 100 last week and about shat myself.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you can't load that little 28 and 55 grain pip squeak for less than 28 cent's its because you suck at locating, don't have a network or know where to go. Same powder the military uses for these rounds 16 pounds for 200 bucks right here local in stock now. And one call to Missouri and I can get the bullets by the pound of for about 6-7 cent each about 127 to the pound 10 lbs if you want. The primers if you order 10k ditto. Should have asked me nicely and I would have probably gave you a few phone numbers. As it stands now I hope it costs yur azz.

Last edited:

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I mean, you can, but you have to be lucky and/or dedicated. My last run of 9mm for instance:
* Brass - 2.5cpr Courtesy of a @mouthpiece listing
* Primers - 5cpr after holding my breath going into Dongs
* Powder - 3cpr worth of unique each
* Bullets - 7.5cpr from Summit City
* TOTAL - 18cpr (compared to about .50cpr factory at most stores)

Next up is a run of .40
* Brass - 2.5cpr Courtesy of a @mouthpiece listing
* Primers - 5cpr after holding my breath going into Dongs
* Powder - 3cpr estimate. I think I'll be running CFE on this run
* Bullets - 12cpr Federal HST pulldowns from American Reloading.
* Total - 22.5cpr (compared to about $1 factory V-Crown stuff)

There's stuff there but on the brass side, it's good to know people. Primers you better have Karma on your side, Powder is higher than normal but Jerry's has it, and amortized out it's not THAT bad. Boolits you have to watch out for but I've been regular availability.

Those are probably conservative numbers also. I bet we are running, 9mm and .40 cheaper, but I did buy primers over the last many years and don’t believe I have paid over .03/piece. Unique is cheap, current in big bulk 22/lb.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since the first, second or even third liar stands a chance. Lowest I have bought AR ammo, New Lake City at 13 cents per round.

But nope on 28cents to reload Today February Thursday the 11th 2021!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Show your receipts for todays purchase of component prices otherwise you full of schitt
Even purchases in the last 2 months.
Note the statement "pre BS prices" in my post, meaning I can still reload almost everything at a reasonable price. I didn't wait until a shortage to stock up. :hey3:
If you wish to look back on my posts from two years ago, I was counseling folks that since prices were cheap to stock up and stack deep.
You will also see that I actually posted pics of my component locker that was stacked deep with everything. There is more than was shown in the pics. Trust me.
I'm not full of schitt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom